FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Offical "At work I had to put up with this...' thread.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Me too. I just write it on a post-it stuck to the monitor so I never forget it. Changes every 90 days also, which is a bit of a waste of paper if you ask me.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    4534

I have a password that is very complex for the network devices I access and I use that same password for my work PC. Unfortunately, when our company was sold and we got an IT department that set up the domain controller in such a way that my password wasn't complex enough. I had to dumb down my password. I didn't want that so I took my PC off their domain. I can't say they were happy about that but it's my network they use so they've learned to live with it. If they hadn't I would have kept their network segment at 56k speeds. Someone once said "don't piss off the systems administrator" but that person never had to deal with the network admin. We have the true power.

I had to give my password out to my boss once so he could fix a router (me telling him what to type) while I was on vacation. His reaction to it was hilarious, "You just read that to me and I still have no idea what I just typed."
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

I deal with mostly degenerate gamblers. I mean "Gamers" I hear the same thing everyday from pretty much the same people. "I'm never coming back here, your games are fixed" Blah blah. The Mayweather fight took the cake. We had a packed house and when the fight ended there was almost a riot between the Mexicans and Blacks. It all ended with people blaming us saying the fight was fixed. I would just shake my head and tell them that we have nothing to do with the fight, we were just showing it. There is no sports book in Ca so we have no influence there. I love the gaming industry but dealing with people addicted to gambling takes a toll.

Canon20DFan
    I just do not understand that behaviour. Same with riots after soccer or football games (either winning or losing). You go and watch your team, you buy a beer and a brat, you go home. If you team lost today, it'll probably win next time. What's with the fights afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowmxwheels23 View Post
    I deal with mostly degenerate gamblers. I mean "Gamers" I hear the same thing everyday from pretty much the same people. "I'm never coming back here, your games are fixed" Blah blah. The Mayweather fight took the cake. We had a packed house and when the fight ended there was almost a riot between the Mexicans and Blacks. It all ended with people blaming us saying the fight was fixed. I would just shake my head and tell them that we have nothing to do with the fight, we were just showing it. There is no sports book in Ca so we have no influence there. I love the gaming industry but dealing with people addicted to gambling takes a toll.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Canon20DFan View Post
    I just do not understand that behaviour. Same with riots after soccer or football games (either winning or losing). You go and watch your team, you buy a beer and a brat, you go home. If you team lost today, it'll probably win next time. What's with the fights afterwards?
    Nothing to do with winning or losing, usually. For some people, that's an integral part of the days entertainment. Something to brag about in the pub afterwards.

You go and watch your team, you buy a beer and a brat, you go home. that's crazy talk right there.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Canon20DFan
    What you talkin' about, Louis? You go home, your wife tells you you're late with doing the laundry and vacuuming...doesn't everybody do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    You go and watch your team, you buy a beer and a brat, you go home. that's crazy talk right there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3