FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mystery connector

Mystery connector

I have almost everything figured out in the engine bay, except this.

What’s it for and where does it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

There is only one Black/Blue stripe wire I know of...So, if that is a Black/Blue stripe and a Black/Light Green stripe (BLG) on one side of the plug, and a Black (B) on the other side, I'd guess it is for the Idle Speed Switch (or mixed- with the Vacuum Solenoid wiring if the single is Green, or, it's for the 1uF Capacitor -- Hard to tell in pic).

Image2.jpg

Post a pic straight-on too, looks like one of the old "church steeple" connectors, but I can't tell if the black wire with a blue stripe is sharing a spot with the other black wire or if that's adjacent to it.

Also, where in the engine bay are we, can we zoom out quite a bit for context? And another pic chasing it as far down the rabbit hole as you can. More pics = more clarity.

Thanks so far guys!

It exits the wiring loom just upstream of the green wires that go in The Valley.

One black and one black/blue are joined in one side of the connector, the other is a single black.

I’ll post more pictures later.
    M

1uF Capacitor

??
    In the 2nd pic, it looks like a single Black on one side and two striped wires (black/blue & black/Light Green?) on the other to me...

(I second the motion to post a straight on shot down into the plug ;-)

Here you go

And behold, another one surfaced

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    (black/blue & black/Light Green?)
    That's a black/light blue on both, there's no green there. This is why I love my calibrated monitors.

For what it's worth, that same connector on my car if memory serves has been disconnected for quite some time, I could only tell where in the engine bay it was by the recall paint on your firewall, and then realizing I was looking at the engine cover stay in the background. Lots of blurry metal in these shots (can you zoom out some more for Ron though? The wires I think we can see fine, but we need to see the wires in the surrounding context). Given what happened to my car however, I'm not necessarily saying leaving that plug disconnected is a good thing. At all. I destroyed an engine from the inside out by flooding it with fuel on a constant basis, so I can tell you what my car did, but don't use me as a benchmark unless the word "n00b" is used to refer to me, seriously (I grounded on an ECU input because the wire was black and "obvious ground"....... nope!)

Can you zoom out on the new connector also? Show like a quarter of the engine bay if you can, I have a hunch on that one, but until I know where this harness is found in the engine bay, I don't want to misguide.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast