FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Share your Holiday Traditions!

Share your Holiday Traditions!

Got a few for me. Stocking stuffer scratch-off-lotto is the more benign one (even as kids, although parents had to claim any winnings for minors), slot car track around the base of the tree was another, replacing the railroad track that kept having connection issues. Even bought a Johnny Lightning BTTF car for the slot track that saw a bit of use, but need to rethink it. Constant wipeouts weren't kid friendly and they quickly got bored.

My favorite though: annual sugar cookies. This is where we make cookies symbolic of all the crap that happened the past year, or that we didn't address in prior years, we get creative, and we get hilarious. It's a LOT of fun. I'm doing that one tomorrow.

What are some of your traditions? Would love to hear 'em guys

My VIN:    Between VINs

My wife and I each cook ancestral food. For me it's mostly Slovak, so pierogi and halubky. She's Italian so her family Italian roast beef and whatever else she feels like making. Sounds simple but we look forward to it all year.

My VIN:    10907

I bake a big batch of chocolate chip cookies while listening to Twisted Sister's Christmas album, then take the cookies to work for 8 hours of double-time.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Listening to all of Bob Rivers Twisted Christmas with Weird Al's tossed in there too....
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6585

Same on the music with classics, and including local stuff like The Killers, Merry X-Mas Dammit From the Double Down Saloon and Silent Nightclub by Richard Cheese.

Not to mention Twisted Sister, and of course Merry Christmas (I don't want to fight tonight) by The Ramones among others are on the Hi-Fi at the old Vegas place (regrettably the wife has vetoed South Park & Spinal Tap). In all seriousness, if you really want something modern and powerful for traditional songs, check out Winter Songs by Rob Halford.

We open 1 present each (the giver's choice), and put out either cookies and milk, or garlic bread & Dr. Pepper before bed. Christmas day is usually a glazed ham (Honeybaked or score a big ass caned ham and make a paste out of brown sugar, Dr. Pepper, & cherry syrup with pineapple rings), but Christmas Eve kinda varies. It's either Pizza Hut, or a choice of Chinese or Thai food for the ancestral cuisine.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    3937

Our family always went over to another family's home in town on Christmas Eve. This is a long time ago when we were all pretty young, so the adults tended to be upstairs with the kids in the basement playing games or watching movies. One year we got watching The Warriors on Betamax. Then the next year we watched it again too. And the next year and so on. So while it's not exactly a Christmas themed movie, watching The Warriors is one holiday tradition for me.

Warriors... come out and play!!!! lol

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

There are some movies that just gotta be watched round this time... Natoinal Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Its a Wonderful Life, The Grinch (original, not that ickyJim Carey one) and Scrooged...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    There are some movies that just gotta be watched round this time... Natoinal Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Its a Wonderful Life, The Grinch (original, not that ickyJim Carey one) and Scrooged...hehe.
    Yep, "Scrooged", with Bill Murray for sure. Love the David Johansen part. Also "A Christmas Story", and "Home Alone".

As far as music, I've gotta hear Cheech & Chong's "Santa Clause and His Old Lady", at least once each season. (Maybe you had to grow up in the 70's-80's to truly appreciate this one).

Last edited by Citizen; 12-17-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Yep, forgot Christmas Story.....Home Alone? Nope...cant stand that one...lol

That Cheech n Chong one is getting added to my playlist, if I can find a place to download it...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

No Home Alone but Weird Al? "The Night Santa Went Crazy" is a bit much for me Grumpy Cat Christmas Special anyone?

Forgot the in-laws traditional Christmas Eve white elephant gift exchange, and my increasing ability to never use anyone's names ever (My wife and I still call each other "sweetie"). My extended family can be counted on two hands (literally: it's 10, we're tiny), my wife's extended family is like my high school reunion. Every year I find myself knowing everything about the person but their name. And if I need help, "Bob! BOB!" There's I think now ten of them with a Junior added this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast