FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Event Details

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

That was very nice of of them Dara, they are most generous to give you all that extra work.

Thanks for keeping us updated on stuff Rich. Is there a timeline when reservations, etc have to be made for the resort and other stuff?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Thanks, Rich. What's the policy going to be as farxas cancellations? My workplace helpfully let 1/3 of our people retire or transfer and didn't hite any replacements, and now they're not letting us have vacation time because we're too short-staffed
    Unfortunately, the policies have not been finalized yet, since we have not made a final decision
    on which third-party, online registration app that DCS 2018 will be using. We will need to work
    within the app guidelines, while trying to be as flexible as we reasonably can, for a small staff.

In General, we will try to have a full refund of any or all of the dinners through at least August 1,
    then a partial surcharge for each dinner cancelled may apply. For Event Registration, we plan to
    have a full refund through at least May 1, when our second event deposit is required. Between
    May 1 and July 1, at least a 50% refund on Event Registrations will be available, since our third
    deposit is due by July 1. Again, these guidelines will be considered as we work through the final
    demos of the event registration apps over the next 30 days or so (then we divide on the app).

Policies will be posted before or at the same time that Event Registration is made available.

As for hotel registration, once the custom registration link is setup, the reduced rate DCS rooms
    will be available through Friday, July 13, 2018 (one month prior to rooms blocked for our event).
    Hence, our DCS 2018 room block rate will be available from August 13 through August 19, 2018.

More details once the registration links are "ready to go".

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

My VIN:    5186

Hi Rich,
    Will there be a Delorean raffle for the show?

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

No Raffle Car for DCS 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    Hi Rich,
    Will there be a Delorean raffle for the show?
    Hi Jim,

With the significantly reduced staff of the DCS 2018 Planning Team,
    we will not have the resources or the time for a Raffle Car in 2018.

Sorry to disappoint many of you that have purchased tickets in the
    past, to help support previous DCS events, but we may revisit this
    way of fundraising for DCS at sometime again in the future. Even
    with reduced fundraising for 2018, we have an outstanding venue,
    VIPs and Events planned for DCS 2018. The Planning Team is still
    discussing the possibility of having a Silent Auction at DCS 2018.

Thanks,

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Thank you again to Rich W for all the time and effort that you have spent to make DCS2018 a reality! For those of you who didn't make it to DCS 2016, Pheasant Run is a beautiful resort in the Western Chicago suburbs.

By the way, for those of you who aren't familiar with the Chicago area, St. Charles is a very nice area. Also, if traveling from eastern destinations via expressway, try to avoid the I-94 route to Chicago. GPS will take you that way because it is about 0.5 shorter than I-294 (the Tri-State). However, GPS doesn't account for the often difficult traffic on the downtown Chicago route, so taking I-94 will add anywhere between 30 minutes to 1.5 hours to your trip depending on the time of day. Just the take the Tri-State and enjoy the ride :-)

Hope to see everyone there!

Andrew
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I noticed this little DCS convention banner doing the rounds on Facebook…

I created an alternative design over my lunch break today for you to use (if you wish) for promotional material (flyers, websites, social media). I used a photo of my own pride and joy with typography that matches the original dealer brochure from 1981 (Goudy Old Style). Feel free to use it for anything. Just happy to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    I noticed this little DCS convention banner doing the rounds on Facebook…

I created an alternative design over my lunch break today for you to use (if you wish) for promotional material (flyers, websites, social media). I used a photo of my own pride and joy with typography that matches the original dealer brochure from 1981 (Goudy Old Style). Feel free to use it for anything. Just happy to help out.

Colin, that's some nice work. We do have a volunteer working on a design this week,
    but if he cannot get to it, I may be contacting you for a "print ready" version.

As I mentioned to Dave Tavres, who did the other design on his own, using some of
    the graphics from DCS 2016, we may be using the .org URL this time around, which
    is one reason why I have not posted the URL link yet for DCS 2018.

DCS Social Media links will remain the same as the last time around with DCS 2016.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Rich W; 12-20-2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: fixed IRL (URL) type-o

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Colin, that's some nice work. We do have a volunteer working on a design this week,
    but if he cannot get to it, I may be contacting you for a "print ready" version.

As I mentioned to Dave Tavres, who did the other design on his own, using some of
    the graphics from DCS 2016, we may be using the .org URL this time around, which
    is one reason why I have not posted the IRL link yet for DCS 2018.

DCS Social Media links will remain the same as the last time around with DCS 2016.

Thanks,
    Sounds great Rich. Just happy to help out.

I can provide a print-ready version and change the URL to .org at any time. Just let me know.

Cheers!

My VIN:    909

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Just putting this out there again and to see what people think of it.
    https://mymetalbusinesscard.com/prod...al-vip-passes/

This company make Stainless Steel Con badges at a decent price. I would be willing to pay extra and/or pre-order one in advance. Even at the 25 passes its less than $7 and it goes down from there to under $3 for 150.
    If you are ok with, it I would volunteer to do the design and leg work of getting them made and ready to go before the show.

-Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by bttws View Post
    Just putting this out there again and to see what people think of it.
    https://mymetalbusinesscard.com/prod...al-vip-passes/

This company make Stainless Steel Con badges at a decent price. I would be willing to pay extra and/or pre-order one in advance. Even at the 25 passes its less than $7 and it goes down from there to under $3 for 150.
    If you are ok with, it I would volunteer to do the design and leg work of getting them made and ready to go before the show.

-Kevin
    Hi Kevin,

The DCS 2018 Planning Team did review your idea request when you proposed it to us earlier this year,
    and although it is cool and it may meet the needs of our VIPs, we cannot easily display all the event info
    on this type of badge for the general attendees. DCS Staff needs to identify event options "at a glance"
    such as dinners (without arm-bands or other means) and although we try to discourage changes late in
    the game, it does happen and last minute prints and re-prints would add logistical complexity. Although
    we may decide to use these for VIP Guests, we do not intend to use them for the general attendees.

Thanks,

Note: Correction, request was reviewed last Fall, after request was submitted last August.
    Last edited by Rich W; 12-20-2017 at 11:23 PM. Reason: correction - added note

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast