FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Event Details

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

PRR Hotel Reservations link almost ready to book rooms

DeLorean Owners, Fans and Enthusiasts,

The custom link for DCS 2018 Hotel Reservations is just about ready to go.
    We have had DMC Club members testing the PRR hotel's custom interface for
    the DCS 2018 discounted rates, and other than a few clarifications with some
    text on the room booking buttons, we are almost ready for room bookings.

For those who attended DCS 2016, you will get First Priority to book rooms, as
    a link will be emailed to DCS 2016 attendees first, then it will be posted here.

If the interface button text is not updated soon by PRR Tech Support staff, we
    will send out the link with some clarification text, to keep this process going.

Once passed the initial clarifications, the registration process functions properly
    and our DMC Club members have successfully booked rooms without problems.

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]
    Last edited by Rich W; 12-28-2017 at 12:40 PM. Reason: fixed type-o's

My VIN:    10907

Thanks, Rich.

Anybody going eastbound on I-80 and want to caravan? I want to try and make it in time for the tech day on Wed but I might have to call in sick on Mon and/or Sun. I'd prefer to leave Sat night or Sun b/c while the car might be good for two 700-mile days in a row, I doubt I will be...

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Those of you who have stayed there before, how's the noise/comfort level in the older rooms? I'm good with pretty much anything down to old school Motel 6/trashy Vegas strip motel quality as far as amenities go but weird random noises from the a/c unit or being able to hear bar music and neighbors hooting and hollering is a dealbreaker (found that out the hard way a couple of times in Vegas...)
    Tentative update on this topic ...

Although the lowest discounted rate rooms ($99/night) are tentatively slated for possible refurbishing
    this Winter and Spring, there is no guarantee at this time. However, some DeLorean owners may like
    the option of parking their DeLoreans right next to their rooms, especially before cars are moved into
    the Mega Center on late Thursday or early Friday, or if you decide not to park your DeLorean indoors.

So, depending on the refurbishing schedule, the $99/night "Golf Rooms" may be a win-win for some
    DeLorean owners, offering both lower cost and a close view of your car, right from the room window.
    All the Golf Rooms are ground level rooms and only a few steps to the parking spaces near the rooms.
    The Golf Rooms are also only a few steps away from the Golf Course, hence the name of the rooms.
    Last edited by Rich W; 12-28-2017 at 01:42 PM. Reason: fixed type-o's

Thanks, Rich.

Anybody going eastbound on I-80 and want to caravan? I want to try and make it in time for the tech day on Wed but I might have to call in sick on Mon and/or Sun. I'd prefer to leave Sat night or Sun b/c while the car might be good for two 700-mile days in a row, I doubt I will be...
    For those of you who have long drives planned, this is why we have shoulder days, before and after the DCS Event,
    however, keep in mind there is a 48 hour cancellation policy for all registered rooms at the Pheasant Run Resort.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Thanks, Rich.

If Im able to attend, I'll be going east, since I'm in washington...though I dont know what route (since I've never been there).
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

MailChimp for some of the DCS Email Blasts

FYI - looks like we will be using MailChimp for some of the DCS email blasts,
    so if your email filter is setup to screen out MailChimp emails, you may need
    to check your Spam folder or Junk Mail folder for the emails that will be sent
    regarding the advance notice links, emailed to folks who attended DCS 2016.

Hotel Registration is now Open for DCS 2018

Hotel Registration is now open for DCS 2018 at the Mega Center at Pheasant Run Resort.

The DCS 2018 Discounted Room Rates are as follows:

Golf Rooms $99/night (may be renovated by Summer 2018.)
    Tower Rooms $119/night (renovated in Winter/Spring 2017)
    Loft Suites $189/night (recent renovation, but also less use)

Also available at reduced rates (detailed on the hotel registration website):
    Whirlpool Suites, Executive Suites, Family Suites and Tower Penthouse Suites.

Please note the PRR Hotel Registration website is a little "clunky" and we continue working
    with the PRR Tech Staff to better clarify the button functions on the custom DCS 2018 link.

The opening page of the custom DCS 2018 Registration link lists all of the available days for
    Discounted Rates (Monday, August 13 through Monday, August 20, 2018.), for those who will
    want to book "shoulder days" on either side of DCS, in addition to the DCS 2018 Event dates.

Note: All these dates do not get pre-populated (as the default) in the Registration link page.

The DCS 2018 Event Dates are Wednesday, August 15 through Sunday, August 19, 2018.

The DeLorean Car Show event itself is easy to remember, since it is on Saturday 08/18/18.

Until (or if) the Hotel Registration website link is updated for better clarity, please use the
    following recommendations to get through the Registration process.

When you go to register, Do NOT Close the text that says "Please Join us for the DeLorean
    Convention and Show". That will clear the Event Discount Code from the registration process.

The "Complete Registration" button should be displayed as a "Start Registration" button, but it
    does function as a Start button, with the range of dates "highlighted" but not yet selected, and
    the Discount Code for DCS 2018 is pre-populated correctly. At this point, the rest of the Hotel
    Registration process seems to function properly and does not need any further clarification.

DCS 2018 PRR Hotel Registration link:

https://reservations.travelclick.com...roupID=2089017

DCS 2018 Event Registration should be available by sometime during January 2018.
    DCS 2018 Dinners (with Keynote Speakers) will be on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

New for DCS 2018 - BTTF Hill Valley in LEGO

For those of you who love Back to the Future movies or love Lego or love both,
    you will be in for a real treat at DCS 2018 ... BTTF Hill Valley in LEGO !!

The DCS Planning Team has confirmed that BTTF Fanatic and Lego Maniac,
    Tim Caravia will be displaying his Back to the Future Hill Valley Lego Creations.

Tim has gone far beyond the BTTF Lego box kits and his current BTTF display
    of Hill Valley in Lego includes over 25,000 pieces and over $10K invested so far.

We plan to have Tim display his BTTF Hill Valley creations in the BTTF Room,
    along with Stephen Clark's BTTF display and BTTF memorabilia and merchandise.

Check out a few of Tim's Hill Valley Creations in the attached photos.

Lego-HV-01.jpg

Lego-HV-02.jpg

Lego-HV-03.jpg

Lego-HV-04.jpg

To see more of Tim's Lego Creations, use the following link:

https://www.instagram.com/lego_mcfly/

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Question

Hey Rich (and any other DCS 2018 organizers)... once the www.DeLoreanConvention.com website is updated with details, would one (or all) of you guys be up for doing an episode of DeLorean Talk?

Shoot me an email if you're interested [email protected]

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dtavres View Post
    Hey Rich (and any other DCS 2018 organizers)... once the www.DeLoreanConvention.com website is updated with details, would one (or all) of you guys be up for doing an episode of DeLorean Talk?

Shoot me an email if you're interested [email protected]

Thanks!
    Email Sent. Thanks.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast