FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Event Details

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Returning VIPs have been confirming - Partial List coming soon

Returning VIPs have been confirming - Partial List coming soon.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

DMC VIP Guests (Partial List of Returning VIPs, as of 1/11/18)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Returning VIPs have been confirming - Partial List coming soon.
    DMC VIP Guests - Partial List [Returning VIPs, as of 1/11/18]

Jeff Synor
    - QAC Engineer and King POG (look like Pigs, work like Dogs)
    - Author of original DeLorean Technical Information Manual
    - Talk: Deconstructing the DeLorean Technical Information Manual

Chris Duvall
    - QAC Parts Manager and Parts POG
    - Keeper of the Troy QAC Parts Log
    - Talk: The ABC's of QACs - It always comes down to the Parts

Klaus Steiner
    - DeLorean World Tour Team
    - Talk: See and hear about DeLoreans driving around the world
    - Talk: Klaus will attempt to summarize this Epic DeLorean Trip

Nick Sutton
    - Former DMC Executive and author of The DeLorean Story
    - Talk: Beyond The DeLorean Story - what didn't fit in the book
    - Talk: DeLorean Employee stories from Nick and Phyllis Sutton

Stephen L. Arrington
    - Sole Surviving Defendant in DeLorean Trial (pardoned)
    - With pardon in hand, Stephen tells us the whole story
    - Talk: In Support of John DeLorean in the DeLorean Drug Trial

More to follow.

New BTTF VIP Guests for DCS 2018

The DCS Planning Team is pleased to announce that Michael Lantieri and his wife will be joining us at DCS 2018.
    As you may know, Michael was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Visual Effects for Back to the Future II,
    but what most of you may not know is that his wife, Mary Anne, was Bob Gale's Assistant during the filming of
    Back to the Future II and Back to the Future III. Michael will give us some insight into the BTTF Special Effects,
    from making DeLoreans fly and hover, to all the details about hover boards, while Mary Anne will give us some
    insight into working with Bob Gale, and working Behind the Scenes on both BTTF II and BTTF III.

Brief Bio on Michael Lantieri

Michael Lantieri went to school in Los Angeles with actor-director Ron Howard, wanting to be in films from an early age,
    though as a director. However Michael went to work in the special effects department of Universal Studios, staying for
    ten years and working on the likes of 'Buck Rogers' and 'Battlestar Galactica' before branching out on his own. Since then
    he has worked on a variety of effects driven films, nominated for an Oscar for Best Visual Effects for Back to the Future II
    and then winning an Oscar for 'Jurassic Park'. Michael has also picked up four other nominations and three BAFTA awards.
    Most recently, Michael won a Primetime Emmy in 2017 for Outstanding Special Visual Effects for Westworld. In addition to
    movies and TV, he worked on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland and has provided effects for video games.

Returning BTTF VIP Guest - Bob Gale

The DCS Planning Team has been waiting for a few Returning BTTF VIP Guests to confirm,
    before posting a partial list, however we would be remiss to wait much longer to post that
    Bob Gale has confirmed he will be returning for DCS 2018.

Within the world of DCS and Back to the Future, Bob Gale needs no introduction. Bob has
    been a champion for the DeLorean Time Machine Hero Car and its restoration which was
    "Captured for All Time" in the OUTATIME documentary by Steve Concotelli, as well as being
    a diehard supporter of the DCS Events for over a decade.

As we have posted before, the DCS Planning Team considers Bob an honorary member of
    the team, since he has helped the team tremendously in making contacts with the BTTF
    Trilogy Cast and Crew, and to help direct our invitations to cast and crew for DCS Events.
    For those attending DCS for the first time in 2018, Bob's mini bio says it all in a nutshell.

Mini Bio

Bob Gale is an Oscar-nominated screenwriter-producer-director, best known as co-creator,
    co-writer and co-producer of Back to the Future (1985) and its sequels. Gale was born and
    raised in St. Louis, Missouri, and graduated Phi Beta Kappa with a B.A. in Cinema from the
    University of Southern California in 1973. He has written over 30 screenplays; his other film
    credits include 1941 (1979), I Wanna Hold Your Hand [1978], Used Cars (1980), Trespass (1992)
    and Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road (2002), the latter which he directed. In addition to writing
    movies and occasionally television, Gale has written comic books including Spider-Man, Batman
    and the IDW Back to the Future title, thus proving to his father that he did not waste hours and
    hours reading comics in his youth. He has also served as an expert witness in over 25 plagiarism
    cases, even though this has occasionally required him to wear a suit and tie (oh, the horror!).
    When he's not in production, writing, shooting off his mouth or wasting time on the internet,
    he actually does take out the trash even when his wife doesn't ask. Well, sometimes he does...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    DMC VIP Guests - Partial List [Returning VIPs, as of 1/11/18]

<snip>

Klaus Steiner
    - DeLorean World Tour Team member/driver
    - Talk: See and hear about DeLoreans driving around the world
    - Talk: Klaus will attempt to summarize this Epic DeLorean Trip

<snip>

More to follow.
    Update on the DeLorean World Tour Team Talks ...

Looks like we may see an "Extended Version" of the DeLorean World Tour Presentation
    and have at least two members of the team attending DCS 2018 in August.

The DCS Planning Team has had ongoing discussions with Klaus to encourage Wolfgang
    to attend DCS 2018, since Wolfgang has assembled a 2 hour, multi-media presentation.

We look forward to finalizing details soon, to have Klaus and Wolfgang present at DCS.

DeLorean World Tour - Revisited

Concrete, asphalt, gravel, dirt roads and paths ... the driving frontier.

These are the Voyages of the DeLorean World Tour Team and their DeLoreans.
    Their 8 month mission ... to seek out people who had never seen a DeLorean
    in person, to traverse roads never attempted to be driven by DeLoreans and
    to boldly go where no DeLoreans had ever gone before.

Wolfgang Hank and Klaus Steiner will represent the DeLorean World Tour Team
    at DCS 2018, with several presentations, and answering all your questions.
    The idea was born in 2010, with short adventures in 2013, 2014, early 2015,
    and the longest part of the journey from September 2015 through May 2016.

Such an amazing adventure needs an extended multi-media presentation, just
    to give you a feel for the trip, followed by Tech Talks about the DeLoreans
    that were used to traverse everything from dry, dirt paths, to the Autobahn.
    Their trip is in the record books and it was great for the DeLorean marque.

Wolfgang will also attend the DCS Tech Session Day as our Guest Technician,
    for under-car inspections, some minor service work, and door adjustments at
    Baltria Auto Group, adjacent to the Mega Center at the Pheasant Run Resort
    on Wednesday, August 15, 2018. Don't pass up this rare opportunity.

Family Medical Emergency Delays DCS 2018 Event Registration

DeLorean Owners, Fans and Enthusiasts,

Sorry for the delays in updating information on new and returning VIP Guests, as well as activating the Event Registration
    for DCS 2018. Not unlike January 2016, when I had to spend extra time while caring for my Mom after she broke her leg,
    I find myself in a similar situation in January 2018, but on a much more serious scale. My Mom has been in the hospital
    for the past 10 days, and I have been spending almost all of my time at the hospital, day and night, during this time.

Without going into details, Mom's prognosis does look better than a week ago, but we are still treating the symptoms at
    this point and do not know the root cause of her condition. Mom will need plenty of extra care once she is discharged, so
    that will continue to be my primary focus, then work, then DCS, when I can find a little free time. Things are going well
    with DCS 2018 and I may be handing over more DCS responsibility in the future to my oldest nephew, James Weissensel
    who is a Project Coordinator for Special Events Management in the Chicago area. I will continue to be the Event Director
    for DCS 2018, but you may see James Weissensel on some of the tasks, such has the logistics behind Event Registration.

Thanks for your continued support of the DeLorean Convention and Show (and for thoughts and prayers for my Mom).

Regards,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

Returning BTTF VIP Guest - Michael Scheffe

The DCS 2018 Planning Team is pleased to announce another returning BTTF VIP Guest - Michael Scheffe

Legendary Designer of KITT, and other TV and Movie vehicles, Michael Scheffe was the Construction Coordinator
    for Back to the Future, as well as creator of the Flying Taxi in Back to the Future II. A few of his other well known
    BTTF creations include the giant speaker in Doc Brown's Lab, Doc's Brain-Wave Analyzer and the table-top model
    of downtown Hill Valley (please excuse the crudity of the model ... Michael did not have time to paint it).

Michael always wanted to be a Car Designer, so we will hear more at DCS 2018 about his car designing passion
    and how TV and movies impact production car designs and vise versa, in the past, present and in the future.

Below is a list of a few of Michael's TV and Movie accomplishments you may be familiar with:

Construction Coordinator - Back to the Future (1985)

Future Consultant - Back to the Future II (1989)

Construction Coordinator - Knight Rider (TV) (1982-1986)

Technical Consultant - Automan (TV Series) (1983-1984)

Special Photographic Effects - Salvage 1 (TV) (1979)

Visual Effects Art Director - Starship Troopers (1997)

Conceptual Artist - Spiderman (2002)

Concept Designer - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)

We hope to have additional BTTF Cast and Crew members confirm their schedules with the DCS 2018 Planning
    Team and we hope a few will stay to attend Wizard World Comic Con Chicago on the weekend after DCS 2018.

Returning Special DCS VIP Guest - Manson Cheung (Hot Wheels Guy)

The DCS Planning Team announces the return of a DCS VIP who is both a DMC VIP and BTTF VIP ...

Manson Cheung - Hot Wheels 3D Modeler and Designer

Manson has almost single-handedly done something that John Z. DeLorean was not able to do.
    Deliver low-cost DeLoreans to the masses, numbering in the tens of thousands, and inspiring
    countless young boys and girls (and plenty of big kids) to one day own a DeLorean automobile.
    The DeLorean Community and BTTF Community are grateful Manson has kept the dream alive.

DCS is very happy Manson and his wife will be joining us at DCS 2018. As with a few DCS VIP Guests,
    Manson had a work conflict with DCS 2016 (having to work the San Diego Comic Con), but he could
    not wait to attend DCS 2018, to share his DeLorean stories and Hot Wheels stories with everyone.
    Manson has promised some new stories and new Hot Wheels details during his presentations, and he
    said he is a big fan of the new DCS break-out rooms, where Q&A sessions can be less intimidating
    for attendees, to ask their questions to the VIP Guests. Get your Hot Wheels questions ready !!

My VIN:    10907

Thanks for the updates, Rich. Best wishes for you and your family, and hoping your mom makes a speedy recovery!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast