FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Event Details

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

After looking at the costs, I prolly wont be attending, barring some weird miracle...though I coulda used a nice week break from here...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    After looking at the costs, I prolly wont be attending, barring some weird miracle...though I coulda used a nice week break from here...lol
    While I'm sure Rob is speaking for himself, if you are thinking of attending DCS 2018,
    to listen to, meet, talk with and ask questions of the 20+ VIP Guests, there is no other
    DeLorean Event you can attend (at any cost) with only a few hundred other attendees.

Even if you are BTTF fan and want to mingle with our BTTF VIPs, you could pay a lot
    more and not get a fraction of the time with similar VIPs at a Comic Con, along with
    the thousands of other attendees. I guess it all depends on how you do the math.

With very few Room Share limitations, DCS 2018 is very cost-effective for most folks.
    Dinner purchases not required, so there are many ways to attend DCS inexpensively.
    Even if you do sign up for all the events, the attendee to VIP ratio make it a bargain.

(Travel costs will vary)

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Indeed..I as just referring to my own funds...Id be there for sure...and never know

It all looks like its gonna be a real great event.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Hopefully they'll do another one in two years and you'll be able to bring your car! (I'm hoping the same thing, except I'm probably going to have to wait 8 years until I can retire...)

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Hopefully they'll do another one in two years and you'll be able to bring your car! (I'm hoping the same thing, except I'm probably going to have to wait 8 years until I can retire...)
    Keep in mind that "DCS every two years" is never a guarantee, but attending and supporting DCS
    is the best way to encourage the event to continue. For those who had the opportunity to attend
    DCS 2000 and did not go, probably regret not going afterward. There have been many DMC VIPs
    (and original DMC owners) that have passed away over the past two decades, and it is inevitable
    this trend will continue. If you want to meet some DMC VIPs and members of the DMC community,
    you may not want to put it off, if you have the opportunity to attend. Seize the moment.

DCS Tech Day Schedule ... and FREE Food at Tech Day

DeLorean Owners, Fans and Enthusiasts,

The DCS 2018 Planning Team announces the Tech Day Schedule
    for Wednesday, 8/15/18. Traditionally, second week of July
    is Taste of Chicago, so it's appropriate DCS is announcing
    it's FREE (mini) Taste of Chicago on Tech Day, for 8/15/18.

In summary, there will be FREE Food all day at Baltria Auto.
    - Morning, Local Bakery items (or Donuts) and Coffee/Water
    - Lunch, Chicago's Best Stuffed Pizza (IMO) - Giordano's
    - Dinner, Chicago style hotdogs and Italian beef - Portillo's

Tentative Tech Day Schedule (subject to changes/adjustments)

8:30 - 9:00 Welcome to DCS Tech Day, FREE Coffee and Donuts

9:00 - 11:00 On-lift Inspections and light maintenance work

11:00 - 12:00 Wolfgang Presentation - DWT DMC Modifications

12:00 - 1:00 FREE Giordano's Stuffed Pizza (some thin crust)

1:00 - 2:00 Wolfgang Presentation - DeLorean Race Car Prep

2:00 - 4:00 On-lift Inspections and light maintenance work

4:00 - 5:00 FREE Portillo's Chicago style hotdogs and beef

5:00 - 5:30 Complete all On-Lift work and Tech Day Wrap-up

There is no additional Event Registration cost for DCS Tech Day,
    but if you didn't book a hotel room for Tuesday or Wednesday,
    you will want to add those one or two nights this week while
    the Discount Hotel Room Rate still applies.

See you in August, at the Mega Center, at Pheasant Run Resort.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for DCS 2018 Planning Team]

Note: We may email Registered Attendees for Tech Day RSVP's,
    so we have a better idea of how much food we will need.
    Last edited by Rich W; 07-09-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added note

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

Apologies if these questions have been answered before- but I have not been on DMCTalk in a while, and dont have the hours needed to "catch up".

It seems dmctalk is the "official" communication for DCS now? There is no contact information on the web site, and little to no information on Facebook. I am curious to see if this approach works.

But, anyway.. I have been asking about cancellation/refund policy, and have not really got a clear/specific answer. What is the cancellation policy for the show and meal fees?

Also seeing that the price is changing as time goes on, with little warning or detail as to what they are. A recent post on FB said there will be a late fee in a week? What is the additional fee for registering after next week?

Thanks.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

Quote Originally Posted by Malevy View Post
    Apologies if these questions have been answered before- but I have not been on DMCTalk in a while, and dont have the hours needed to "catch up".

It seems dmctalk is the "official" communication for DCS now? There is no contact information on the web site, and little to no information on Facebook. I am curious to see if this approach works.

But, anyway.. I have been asking about cancellation/refund policy, and have not really got a clear/specific answer. What is the cancellation policy for the show and meal fees?

Also seeing that the price is changing as time goes on, with little warning or detail as to what they are. A recent post on FB said there will be a late fee in a week? What is the additional fee for registering after next week?

Thanks.
    Hi Marc,

While there is no one designated official communication for DCS, DMCTalk is a primary platform,
    in addition to the website URL's, social media and other forums. As mentioned here in this thread
    and in other DCS posts, our reduced volunteer staff does what they can, when they can, and I
    appreciate their assistance in trying to keep DCS going under less than ideal conditions.

While not specifically worded for all conditions and all situations, the cancellation/refund and the
    add extra dinner policy has not changed much from Ken's policy or the policy for DCS 2016.
    With a much reduced staff, there may be delayed refunds as we get closer to the convention,
    but as of this week, all requested refunds (so far) for DCS 2018 (mostly for medical reasons)
    have been processed by DCS volunteers within a week or so and the full refunds have been
    processed on the credit card side within 5-10 business days. For those who have requested
    additional Dinners to be added to an existing registration, this is a bit more of a manual process
    that usually involves issuing a PayPal invoice for additional Dinners (in most cases), then the
    database is updated manually. DCS is not a huge operation, but we endeavor to offer refunds
    in a timely manner, as they are requested. All requested refunds for DCS 2016 were fulfilled.

As for the pricing changes for Event Registration and Dinners, there were Discounted Rates
    offered for DCS 2018 (to DCS 2016 attendees) before the registration link was posted for the
    general public at Regular Rates, with the DCS 2016 attendees being contacted via email with
    their DCS 2016 provided contact information. Regular Rates continue until July 15th, which is
    a month before the convention. Late Fees will apply after July 15th and up to the close of the
    Event Registration. DCS 2018 will not be setup for on-site, last minute registration.

Event Registration and Dinner Registration is expected to close by July 31, since Dinners must
    be pre-paid to the Resort catering service by August 1. The DCS Planning Team will start the
    Event Badge printing process after July 15th and hope to have all printed materials completed
    by August 5th. Again, with a much reduced volunteer staff, we need to get an earlier start.

As for the Late Fees, these are in place to encourage earlier registration and are not intended
    to exceed the average discounted rate for early registration. For example, Event Registration
    and registering for all Dinners (during the early registration) provided up to a $50 discount.
    Late Fee for Late Registration may be as little as $4 for those who only Event Register and
    as much as $19 if you register for all 3 Dinners with your Event Registration (per person).
    However, once maximum Dinner room capacity is reached, dinner registration will be closed.

Hopefully this answers most of your questions.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    The Resort has a Free Shuttle that runs during the day, to various locations,
    5 miles or less from the Resort. Both the West Chicago and Geneva train
    stations are each about 6 miles from the Resort, so I will try to find out if
    these locations are included in the fringe coverage of the shuttle and what
    the official times are that the shuttle is available.
    Update from our Event Coordinator at the Resort

The PRR Free Shuttle can take guests to and from the Geneva Metra Station.

Regular Shuttle hours (when a driver is available) are from 8am to 10pm,
    however you may want to contact the resort for extra early or late hours.

Expect possible delays during prime check-in and check-out times.

Once at the resort, plan to call the front desk an hour before the need of the
    shuttle, to make sure it will be available to go where you need to go.

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

Just for clarification, Ken's refund policy was 100% refund for any reason (even to people who canceled while we were already eating dinner). I am less concerned with a delay in getting the refund, just that it will be done if it is needed. Previous answers (relayed through Facebook) indicated that only partial refunds will be given. I thank you for the clarification on this. Had this been communicated back during the "early registration", I would have done it then. I will register this week.

Also, to add my two cents on some other statements made. It is a shame if you have "volunteers" you can't rely on, but I am intimately familiar with what it takes to run a show like this. Specifically dealing with registration, and badges as I did quite a bit of it in Pigeon Forge, and then pretty much 100% of it for all of Ken's shows after that, including all of the car raffle tickets. Because so many people did not register until the week before, I was making badges in real time at the show where we also allowed people to register on-site. Then we had the shows where the Bricklin group was there too, and I had to do their badges. In some cases, we would let people pay for dinners after they already started (if we had space). Yes, it is a lot of work but it can be done.

From experience, I hope you have something in place to stop "crashers" from getting in. Ken lost a lot of money over the years from people going to dinners they did not pay for.. Chicago was one of the worst! This includes people in the community not just random strangers driving by. I solved the problem with the numbered wristbands. It added complication because the number on the badge and wristband had to match, but it prevented a lot of theft.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast