FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Event Details

My VIN:    5878

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    Just wanted to say that my wife and I had a great time meeting everyone and that we feel like we made lifelong friends . This was our first DCS, and we loved it. We look forward to seing everyone next time.

Great show Rich W. And associates.
    I third this. It was great to meet everyone and I look forward to stay in contact with everyone on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly want to thank the presenters. My wife came along thinking that she would probably bug out and do some reading. From first to last presentation, we both found the topics fascinating and well presented. She never dropped out of any of the seminars and enjoyed the various topics as much a I did. The same goes for the evening dinner presentations. Generally well done bridging the scale from entertaining to informative. This was the first convention for us and it was fun. Finally, it was just grand to talk with other owners and hear their stories. My only suggestion (and I may have just missed it) would be evaluation feedback from attendees so that what works would be continued and what might need some improvement could be addressed in future shows. Again, my thanks for all the work that went into pulling this convention together.

Ron

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    I certainly want to thank the presenters. My wife came along thinking that she would probably bug out and do some reading. From first to last presentation, we both found the topics fascinating and well presented. She never dropped out of any of the seminars and enjoyed the various topics as much a I did. The same goes for the evening dinner presentations. Generally well done bridging the scale from entertaining to informative. This was the first convention for us and it was fun. Finally, it was just grand to talk with other owners and hear their stories. My only suggestion (and I may have just missed it) would be evaluation feedback from attendees so that what works would be continued and what might need some improvement could be addressed in future shows. Again, my thanks for all the work that went into pulling this convention together.

Ron
    Hi Ron,

I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed the convention. One of the primary goals of the DCS Team is to make
    the convention enjoyable for the attendees, as well as the VIP Guests, and for the second event in a row,
    all the VIP Guests told us they would attend another DCS Event in the future, if they were invited again.

Although we do provide information for families to enjoy other activities in the area during the convention,
    one of our other primary goals is to select DCS locations that are best for the convention activities and not
    necessarily for family vacation destinations. If both of these goals align, then all the better.

As for feedback and constructive comments, these are welcomed on the DCS thread in the DMC club section
    (DeLorean Midwest Connection Club) and there is a local club member who does feedback surveys at his job.
    Rich R. did not get to the survey after DCS 2016 but he may be able to put something together (soon?).

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS Team]

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

DCS 2018 was my first DCS event and I enjoyed it very much. My only suggestion would be, if you didn't want to attend the dinner but attend the presentations after the dinner have a separate price or even an all inclusive package. Example $280 for all dinners, reg, and car show. Or something along those lines. Being my first DCS I didn't know what to expect, and some of the information was a bit confusing. But all in all it was a good time. Thanks!!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    DCS 2018 was my first DCS event and I enjoyed it very much. My only suggestion would be, if you didn't want to attend the dinner but attend the presentations after the dinner have a separate price or even an all inclusive package. Example $280 for all dinners, reg, and car show. Or something along those lines. Being my first DCS I didn't know what to expect, and some of the information was a bit confusing. But all in all it was a good time. Thanks!!
    HM9,

Thanks for the comments. Depending on how the events are organized and how locations are used,
    there are Food and Beverage minimums that need to be met, otherwise additional charges may apply
    such as ballroom costs. For example, meet the F&B minimum and no rental charges for dinner room.
    It's all a careful balancing, and "packaging" can get complicated, based on the number of options.

The way we did DCS 2016 was a bit easier (logistically), since we rented the entire convention center
    in a logistics package deal and the revenue from the Raffle Cars paid for this option, in advance.
    The pricing of the Dinners covers the VIP expenses, including travel, rooms and meals for VIPs.
    The Keynote Speaker presentations after the Dinners helps "justify" the dinner plus talks cost.

Yes, there could have been better communication for new attendees, but with reduced staff this time,
    we did the best we could with the time we were able to put into the pre-event marketing of DCS 2018.

Planning for DCS 2018 was condensed after Tony Swann was unable to continue as the lead for DCS,
    and my limited availability (due to family medical reasons) made this event even more challenging,
    especially with me taking the lead for DCS 2018. While I cannot commit to the next DCS at this time,
    I will endeavor to pursevere unless someone else would like to step up and take the lead.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Announcing the film ... Framing John DeLorean (to be released in 2019)

A big thanks to Tamir for selecting DCS 2018 as the event to launch the premiere details
    for Framing John DeLorean, to be released in 2019. DCS will continue to help as we can.

https://twitter.com/framingdelorean?lang=en

Framing-John-DeLorean.jpg

More details to follow.

Deloman - Wolfgang Hank takes DCS 2018 by Storm (between the storms) - Videos

A huge thanks to Wolfgang Hank (from Bavaria) for attending DCS 2018.

Wolfgang did a great job at the first DCS Tech Day, both as Guest Tech
    and then as a presenter during Tech Day, in breakout rooms and Keynote
    Speaker on Saturday evening (technically into Sunday morning, as well).

Although Wolfgang insists he is "just the mechanic", most nerds know
    Tony Stark (Iron Man) also referred to himself as just "the mechanic".
    Wolfgang certainly was the Iron Man of DCS 2018, with 6 presentations.

And as many attendees observed, Wolfgang did not stop assisting owners
    with their cars once the Tech Day was over. Wolfgang assisted with at
    least two more door latch adjustments and countless technical advise.

For those who did not attend DCS 2018, I am attaching several links to
    some of Wolfgang's presentations below. After you view these videos,
    please leave Wolfgang some positive feedback and we hope he posts more.

Scrap DeLoreans to World Tour DeLoreans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY2P1Ndk9BE

Gold DeLorean (and more) in Germany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5X1F0cvzR0

Team Deloman - Racing DeLorean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6DZ...ature=youtu.be

Magic DeLorean (3-minute preview)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UlP...ature=youtu.be

My VIN:    3349

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

I wish I had been able to attend DCS 2018. At the risk of sound to aggressive when is DCS 2019

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I think it will depend on if they can get the volunteers n stuff if there will be a '19 ....maybe a '20?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I think it will depend on if they can get the volunteers n stuff if there will be a '19 ....maybe a '20?
    There is the DOA Expo in Spokane in 2019; for those on the left coast.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast