FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Event Details

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Other place...the auto museum

Hehe..Yeah I gathered the resort was bigger...but someone had to be snarky....hehe.

Looking forward to it...if I can get all my ducks in a row
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

PRR - "stock" hotel room photos

A few "stock" photos inside the PRR Rooms:

double-room.jpg

queen-room.jpg

queen-suite.jpg

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

PRR - "stock" exterior photos of resort

Some "stock" exterior photos of resort:

front-lobby.jpg

barn-silo.jpg

theater-night.jpg

pool-night.jpg

Pontiac Show 2017 - Smokey and Bandit 40th Anniversary

PRR - Pontiac Show - Smokey and Bandit 40th Anniversary display:

Smokey-Bandit-1.jpg

Smokey-Bandit-2.jpg

Former DuPage Expo Center (now a new VW Dealership):

Former-Expo-now-VW.jpg

My VIN:    10907

Looking at the schedule from last time, Sunday was just self-guided tours and not organized events. Is that the plan this year? (I'm trying to budget how many days I'll need to get back, possibly including a visit to my cousin's in Indiana.)

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Took a few photos today at Pheasant Run Resort:

Attachment 54853

Attachment 54854

Took a few photos today at Baltria Auto Restorations:

Attachment 54855

Attachment 54856

Attachment 54857

Attachment 54858

Attachment 54859
    Baltria's address is next door to the former Town and Country Oldsmobile, which happened to be DeLorean
    dealership number 13115! How cool is that!
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Those of you who have stayed there before, how's the noise/comfort level in the older rooms? I'm good with pretty much anything down to old school Motel 6/trashy Vegas strip motel quality as far as amenities go but weird random noises from the a/c unit or being able to hear bar music and neighbors hooting and hollering is a dealbreaker (found that out the hard way a couple of times in Vegas...)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Those of you who have stayed there before, how's the noise/comfort level in the older rooms? I'm good with pretty much anything down to old school Motel 6/trashy Vegas strip motel quality as far as amenities go but weird random noises from the a/c unit or being able to hear bar music and neighbors hooting and hollering is a dealbreaker (found that out the hard way a couple of times in Vegas...)
    The Resort is way out in the country, surrounded by the golf course and several farms.
    If you have seen Caddy Shack, you know how noisey the gofers can get at night.

Sunday schedule will be similar as other events (kind of a wind down), especially
    after the regular check-out time.

I'm having a DCS Planning Team meeting in a few minutes with about half a dozen
    members of the team, so I will try to reply with more details later tonight.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

More PRR location details

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    The Resort is way out in the country, surrounded by the golf course and several farms.
    If you have seen Caddy Shack, you know how noisey the gofers can get at night.

Sunday schedule will be similar as other events (kind of a wind down), especially
    after the regular check-out time.

I'm having a DCS Planning Team meeting in a few minutes with about half a dozen
    members of the team, so I will try to reply with more details later tonight.

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    Sorry for the delay with posting more details. Yesterday's meeting went well and
    I have been receiving emails both last night and this morning, with a few possible
    new VIP Guest appearance invitation acknowledgements and a few confirmations.

The Pheasant Run Resort is on 250 acres, about 40 miles West of Chicago (1 hour)
    so we will be both close enough to Chicago and "not too close" to avoid traffic.

For those interested, PRR has an outstanding 18-hole golf course on resort grounds,
    a Day Spa, a Bourbon Street area with food and shops, and a Zanies Comedy Club.
    (one of our invited VIP Guests may make good use of the Zanies Comedy Club)

We have just added a second Academy Award Winning Person to our list of VIPs,
    upon their request, but additional details need to be finalized before we announce.

Since DCS 2006, there has been a lot of new development just West of PRR, with
    a Walmart and a Target, and many more food offerings including IHOP, Chili's,
    Olive Garden, and a new Culver's is right across from PRR, just to name a few.
    Chicago favorites Portillo's and Giordano's Stuffed Deep Dish Pizza are nearby.

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

Thanks, Rich. What's the policy going to be as farxas cancellations? My workplace helpfully let 1/3 of our people retire or transfer and didn't hite any replacements, and now they're not letting us have vacation time because we're too short-staffed

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast