FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Thoughts on this one?

Thoughts on this one?

This one popped up on my radar. Been looking for a project car for years now, not sure on the asking price though (seems high) due to it being a flood/salvage car. Is this possibly #3537 that I saw the Harvey flood thread on? Interested in what you guys think.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...441024048.html
    Last edited by nstevic01; 12-29-2017 at 12:29 PM.

My VIN:    05457

For a non-runner that is a beautiful car. Based on the pictures you'd never know it was flooded.

I'm assuming that is why they are asking $14,500 for it, but not knowing why it isn't running means you don't know where the bottom of the money pit might be. If you pull the trigger be sure to do so at a price you won't regret if you have to put $10-$15k in to get it running.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    10907

Be sure you go see it in person (or have someone who knows what they're looking at check it out for you) to make sure it's actually what the seller says it is.

If you could get it running decently for $10-15K as David suggested above, that might not be a bad deal, aside from the fact that it would be a branded title. I paid $31K for mine and still had to dump a bunch more money into it due to a rampaging case of block rot. Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...
    Last edited by DaraSue; 12-29-2017 at 02:53 PM.

My VIN:    3757

I was on E bay for a few minutes.... Then GONE, my guess is someone used the Buy it Now Price.....

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Recently a non-runner went for $15K BUT. It was not a flood car and it had a clean Title.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10309

Having been in the insurance car racket for awhile, branded or salvage titles usually means a discount of up to 50% and a difficult time in selling it later on. So if
    this car is worth $28,000 the $14,000 for a branded title would be worth it.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

In some States you can't register the car with a "branded" as you call it, Title. In such a State that car is considered as nothing more than a parts car. There are procedures to "unbrand" or clean up a Title but it is cumbersome, time consuming and expensive and all done at risk of not getting it cleaned up in the end after all of the work and expense. Even then it isn't really "clean" and will say it was fixed up. For someone who wants a cheap driver that may be OK but to a collector or a buyer who wants to get full value, even a 50% discount is no good. For anyone considering buying a car with a "salvage" or "branded" Title, do your homework and figure out if such a car is really what you want. It could make sense if you need a donor car and want the parts off of it for another car with a clean Title.
    David Teitelbaum