FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Very dim tail light

Very dim tail light

I have a right tail light that is not working. I have the replacement boards and led replacement bulbs from dmch. The right marker light was also not working. I assumed it was a problem with the bulb. I took the tail light and the side marker both off to check them. When I take the side marker bulb out the tail light bulb lights up very dimly. If I put the side marker bulb back in it goes out. Side markers are still regular bulbs. I know the two lights are on the same fuse but everything else on that fuse works normally. I'm guessing a loose connection somewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My VIN:    3136

When you were doing the upgrade to LEDs, did you replace the flasher relay that is behind the steering wheel?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You have a bad ground connection.
    David Teitelbaum

Any idea where the ground for those two things would be. When I use my test light it is also very dim. The test light is grounded where ever I put the clip at.

My VIN:    03572

Do your signal or brake lights change anything or show a problem? If not it probably is not the ground since all the tail lights use the same ground on each side. I don't remember where the side lights get connected to the tail lights but I would suspect that connection first. I've found the two wire crimps onto one pin to have the most problems.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Finally got it figured out. Always check your bulkhead connectors! The connector was tight but apparently the wire that goes to that tail light and the marker light was not making a good connection at the connector.