FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: My Stewardship of 10439

My VIN:    Between VINs

No, haven't opened anything. It's frustrating issue to diagnose because it only happens under certain conditions. That's probably something I can do pretty easily with no downside though.

I don't want to get into the process of buying a part, waiting for rain, swapping it out, doesn't work, another new part, more rain, etc.

The car was made into a Stage 2 at DMCMW in 2012 so it's possible some wear components that were changed at the time are starting to age out. Particularly given I drive my car.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

What coil are you running?
    -----Dan B.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Have you checked in the spark plug wells for water intrusion?
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Have you checked the inside of the distributor cap for condensation?
    It's likely either cap or wires. Maybe even just a loose wire at the cap. You don't need to wait for rain. You probably have a perfectly sufficient garden hose handy.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Sold the car. I'll buy another in a few years, but I'm more into sports car racing right now than I am having a collector car. We're building a 5 car garage/shop at our country house as part of an expansion/renovation and when that is complete I'll start hunting for another Delorean. 10439 was too nice, I was always scared to wrench on it because everything just worked and I didn't want to jeopardize that. I think next time I'm going to buy a ~$25k car that requires modest restoration and put in the sweat equity myself. Preferably after I get my current two race car projects done.

Decided to deliver the car to the new owner in Chicago, about 450 miles away. Drove it the first 320 miles with no problem. As I was pulling out of a rest area on the Indiana toll road I sheared the pivot bolt in the shift linkage. Super easy fix, but I didn't have a pivot bolt spare in the car and the scissor jack that I never looked at during my ownership was broken. Ended up burning my annual AAA 200 mile tow to get it the last 130 miles to the buyers house where we swapped a bolt in real quick to at least get the car moving under its own power.

Thank you again Josh at Delorean Industries for walking the new buyer through the process of what we needed to do to get that done. Very much appreciated.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9