Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: New Florida resident

  1. #11
    Senior Member DMC-81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2014

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    1,719

    My VIN:    <2000

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Well, it's finally home. However, I did boil the coolant on the way here. Going to have to get that sorted before I attend any DMC FL events.
    Glad that you/it arrived safely. A quick check for the coolant is the otterstat connections.

    Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

    Cheers,
    Dana

    1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

  2. #12
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Plantation, FL

    Posts:    4,444

    My VIN:    02613

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Glad that you/it arrived safely. A quick check for the coolant is the otterstat connections.

    Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

    Cheers,
    Otterstat is fine, radiator fans are fine. More than likely gunk in the coolant (took less than 300 miles to turn brown: cylinder liners shedding their corrosion after years of disuse) stuck the thermostat and/or clogged the radiator. I'm going to do as many system flushes as it takes for the coolant to stay green, and a new thermostat and radiator cap are on their way here for when that's done.

    Thanks!
    DeLorean status: It's complicated.

  3. #13
    Senior Member DMC-81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2014

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    1,719

    My VIN:    <2000

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Otterstat is fine, radiator fans are fine. More than likely gunk in the coolant (took less than 300 miles to turn brown: cylinder liners shedding their corrosion after years of disuse) stuck the thermostat and/or clogged the radiator. I'm going to do as many system flushes as it takes for the coolant to stay green, and a new thermostat and radiator cap are on their way here for when that's done.

    Thanks!
    Oh, I see. Good luck.
    Dana

    1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

  4. #14
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Plantation, FL

    Posts:    4,444

    My VIN:    02613

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Oh, I see. Good luck.
    Thanks!
    DeLorean status: It's complicated.

  5. #15
    LS1 DMC Nicholas R's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Orlando, Florida

    Posts:    2,574

    My VIN:    01643

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    Glad to have you and your car here! Sounds like your open items are pretty manageable and overall your car is ready for some serious mileage!!

  6. #16
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Plantation, FL

    Posts:    4,444

    My VIN:    02613

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Glad to have you and your car here! Sounds like your open items are pretty manageable and overall your car is ready for some serious mileage!!
    Thanks, Nicholas! Yes, I will be ready to put some miles on this car very soon. But before I do too much driving, I need to get a new transmission controller from DMC-FL. The current controller is temporarily bypassed and I can shift by throwing toggle switches - not exactly a long-term solution, but it got me home.
    DeLorean status: It's complicated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •