FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Florida resident

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Well, it's finally home. However, I did boil the coolant on the way here. Going to have to get that sorted before I attend any DMC FL events.
    Glad that you/it arrived safely. A quick check for the coolant is the otterstat connections.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    02613

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Glad that you/it arrived safely. A quick check for the coolant is the otterstat connections.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

Cheers,
    Otterstat is fine, radiator fans are fine. More than likely gunk in the coolant (took less than 300 miles to turn brown: cylinder liners shedding their corrosion after years of disuse) stuck the thermostat and/or clogged the radiator. I'm going to do as many system flushes as it takes for the coolant to stay green, and a new thermostat and radiator cap are on their way here for when that's done.

Thanks!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    <2000

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Otterstat is fine, radiator fans are fine. More than likely gunk in the coolant (took less than 300 miles to turn brown: cylinder liners shedding their corrosion after years of disuse) stuck the thermostat and/or clogged the radiator. I'm going to do as many system flushes as it takes for the coolant to stay green, and a new thermostat and radiator cap are on their way here for when that's done.

Thanks!
    Oh, I see. Good luck.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Oh, I see. Good luck.
    Thanks!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Glad to have you and your car here! Sounds like your open items are pretty manageable and overall your car is ready for some serious mileage!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Glad to have you and your car here! Sounds like your open items are pretty manageable and overall your car is ready for some serious mileage!!
    Thanks, Nicholas! Yes, I will be ready to put some miles on this car very soon. But before I do too much driving, I need to get a new transmission controller from DMC-FL. The current controller is temporarily bypassed and I can shift by throwing toggle switches - not exactly a long-term solution, but it got me home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2