FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Hotel Registration is Open

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Hotel Registration is Open

Hotel Registration is now open for DCS 2018 at the Mega Center at Pheasant Run Resort.

The DCS 2018 Discounted Room Rates are as follows:

Golf Rooms $99/night (may be renovated by Summer 2018.)
    Tower Rooms $119/night (renovated in Winter/Spring 2017)
    Loft Suites $189/night (recent renovation, but also less use)

Also available at reduced rates (detailed on the hotel registration website):
    Whirlpool Suites, Executive Suites, Family Suites and Tower Penthouse Suites.

Please note the PRR Hotel Registration website is a little "clunky" and we continue working
    with the PRR Tech Staff to better clarify the button functions on the custom DCS 2018 link.

The opening page of the custom DCS 2018 Registration link lists all of the available days for
    Discounted Rates (Monday, August 13 through Monday, August 20, 2018.), for those who will
    want to book "shoulder days" on either side of DCS, in addition to the DCS 2018 Event dates.

Note: All these dates do not get pre-populated (as the default) in the Registration link page.

The DCS 2018 Event Dates are Wednesday, August 15 through Sunday, August 19, 2018.

The DeLorean Car Show event itself is easy to remember, since it is on Saturday 08/18/18.

Until (or if) the Hotel Registration website link is updated for better clarity, please use the
    following recommendations to get through the Room Registration process.

When you go to register, Do NOT Close the text that says "Please Join us for the DeLorean
    Convention and Show". That will clear the Event Discount Code from the registration process.

The "Complete Registration" button should be displayed as a "Start Registration" button, but it
    does function as a Start button, with the range of dates "highlighted" but not yet selected, and
    the Discount Code for DCS 2018 is pre-populated correctly. At this point, the rest of the Hotel
    Registration process seems to function properly and does not need any further clarification.

DCS 2018 PRR Hotel Registration link:

https://reservations.travelclick.com...roupID=2089017

DCS 2018 Event Registration should be available by sometime during January 2018.
    DCS 2018 Dinners (with Keynote Speakers) will be on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]
    Last edited by Rich W; 12-31-2017 at 11:40 PM. Reason: re-copied link text, to correct link

My VIN:    05457

Thank you for taking on this massive event again! I know it is a lot of work for you, but the end result is amazing. If it is half as much fun as the 2016 Springfield show it will be worth it. I've booked my hotel room. Looking forward to another great show!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Thank you for taking on this massive event again! I know it is a lot of work for you, but the end result is amazing. If it is half as much fun as the 2016 Springfield show it will be worth it. I've booked my hotel room. Looking forward to another great show!
    Thanks to David and others who have already Hotel Registered. As David mentioned,
    the DeLorean Convention and Show is a lot of work, and there are often parts of the
    Event that are beyond the control of the DCS Planning Team, however the team does
    persevere to do what we can to make the event achieve all its attendees expectations.

Having most of the Event activities indoors, expected and unexpected weather can be
    mitigated as an issue, especially for prepping our DeLoreans for display and for the day
    of the Car Show Event itself. As of the end of 2017, we were not able to coordinate all of
    our minor issues with the custom hotel registration link, but we have gotten it functional.

We do anticipate having a self-guided driving tour that will incorporate many locations on
    the tour back at DCS 2006, plus several new or updated locations, and many attendees
    driving to DCS 2018 may choose to do the tour on Sunday, before heading back home.
    For reference, in 2017, our calendar dates were in mid 70 degree range, but it is August.

As posted in other DCS 2018 threads and posts, we are adding a Full Tech Day on the day
    before the "regular" DCS Days (Thursday through Sunday), so if you plan to attend early,
    make sure to book your room accordingly. For those driving their DeLoreans, keep in mind
    that DMC Midwest is under 30 miles away from the Mega Center and Pheasant Run Resort.

Also, for reference, the Mega Center has room for well over 100 DeLoreans, as well as
    plenty of outdoor DeLorean Reserved Parking adjacent to the Mega Center.

Thanks again to everyone who has hotel registered and those planning to do so, and a big
    thanks to the DCS 2018 Planning Team and the members of the DeLorean Midwest clubs
    that have volunteered their time to help make DCS 2018 possible. There is still plenty to
    do over the next 8 months, but this event does promise to be one that will be remembered.

More details to follow.

About 3 months away from Discount Hotel Registration deadline

DeLorean Owners, Fans and Enthusiasts,

With Tax Day behind us (here in the U.S.), it's time to think about DCS,
    especially if you have not Hotel Registered or Event Registered yet.

Just a quick reminder, we are about 16 weeks away from the convention,
    with DMC Car Show day of DCS 2018, exactly 4 months away from today.

If you have not registered for DCS 2018 yet, remember to Hotel Register
    and Event Register within the next 12 weeks, for the best pricing.

Hotel Registration and Event Registration prices increase after July 15,
    which is less than 3 months away from today.

For the Links to Hotel Registration and Event Registration, and details
    about DCS 2018, visit the DCS 2018 website with the following link:

http://www.deloreanconvention.org/

The earlier that folks Event Register, the more VIP Guests we can invite
    to DCS 2018, and the more value and enjoyment for all our DCS attendees.

Check your calendar and Summer schedule, so you can Event Register soon.
    We look forward to seeing many of you this August at DCS 2018.

Thank you for your continued support of DeLorean Convention and Show.

Regards,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

$99 Discounted "Golf Rooms" nearly Sold Out

As of the end of last week, the Resort said the $99 Golf Rooms were nearly Sold Out
    for DCS 2018, so if you were still hoping for the discounted rate, you need to register
    as soon as possible. I am discussing adding some additional rooms to the DCS block
    and possibly an extra week to register at the discounted rate, but no guarantees.

If you intend to attend DCS 2018, make sure to book your room soon. (ASAP)

See many of you this August.

Last Day for DCS 2018 Discount Hotel Rate Reservations

DeLorean Owners, Fans and Enthusiasts,

Today, July 27 is the last day for DCS 2018 Discount Hotel
    Reservations. After today, the Regular Hotel Rates apply
    for any additional reservations. As of today, DCS 2018 is
    still the only major event at the Resort, Aug. 15-Aug. 19.

48 hour advance cancellation is required to not be charged
    for a specific night reservation, if your travel plans change.