FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Off-the-shelf spray paint for re-painting fascias?

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Did you lacquer the fascia after painting it?
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard View Post
    Did you lacquer the fascia after painting it?
    No, I decided to skip the clear coat.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Thanks to everybody for the suggestions. I decided to go with the SEM #39253 Medium Titanium. I thought the color looked great in Rob and Rich's pics, and I like that it's specifically a bumper paint and comes ready in an aerosol can. I left the fascia on the car, and just masked, prepped and sprayed. About 4 light coats. I'm really happy with how it came out. I bought 3 cans which set me back about 50 bucks total, and I'm still on the first can. I will probably do the front fascia this weekend.
    I somehow overlooked your pics, I think the thread dropped off my radar. I came across it today....looks good!

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Glad to see this thread. I repainted my bumpers some years ago using a rustolium automotive spray paint that was actually a green shade per the label. It has held up in form fine...but since I skipped the clear coat it has worn. Seems I used a non-automotive paint for the black parts tho as they have begun to break away over the years.

Hoping to break down my car again this year, refinish all the parts, and reassemble. Keeping everything in this thread in mind.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Hijacking this thread and asking if anyone has experience using ceramic coatings on painted surfaces. On the Delorean that would be the front and rear facias. Supposed to be far superior to any wax but is very expensive.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I somehow overlooked your pics, I think the thread dropped off my radar. I came across it today....looks good!
    Thanks. They've held up really well, considering I drive my car a lot. The rear fascia I haven't had to touch since, but the front I don't think I did a good enough prep on it or not enough coats, so some small sections on the top part above the center grill faded away. Some masking and a couple of quick spray coats fixed it. Someday I'll remove the fascia and give it a proper spraying but for now I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by Gregadeth; 09-23-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3