FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean fire in Orem UT

My VIN:    REDACTED

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Something else that doesn't quite add up about all this - he goes on and on about how his car only had 8,000 miles on it, and the now-deleted KSL listing made it sound like it had been placed in storage in 1982, but the pic when he first bought it had a TN plate in a style that wasn't issued until the mid-2000s and a slogan "YESITIS" that strongly implies the previous owner was driving it around often enough to get asked that question.

The ad also mentioned the car having a new timing belt. Uhhh... Thinking somebody who doesn't know whether his car has a belt or a chain probably doesn't know about angle drives and their proclivities for failure, either. Wondering if maybe the car actually had a lot more miles than he thought and maybe that's a factor in whatever's going on here...
    I worked on the car before he bought it...the mileage was legit, and it was a clean car. It’s a shame what he did to it. But also, he didn’t purchase it from the original owner, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente
    Indiana DeLorean Motor Club

VIN 3513 (I think), 1.9L VW TDI (ALH) swap, UN1 trans, mechanical injection, Holset HE200WG turbo, Certified Shitbox
    Find me on Tubi! Rally North America

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Its almost like he has a vendetta against Rite Aid..which is completely unfounded. If he indeed tried a small fire extinguisher and it didnt work, and the flames were getting bigger by the time he supposedly asked in the store, then its really beyond the point where you can only just sit back and wait for the fire dept...also if there was a car on fire with growing flames, no one in their right mind is going to get close enough to use a hand held extinguisher. So I'm perplexed about what he thinks is gonna happen..prolly trying to get some kind of settlement from them?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I like the part about him wanting to be interviewed by an even bigger YouTube star to get justice.

Dude, you don't need to worry about convincing your audience, you need to worry about convincing the police.

My VIN:    Between VINs

DPI got a lot of ink in the story. Impressive, I didn't think Jalopnik would care about that part. Good for Jason.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

That news article is exactly what I wanted to see and exactly what should have been said. What makes me sick, is this guy is going to cry to the world and pump his YouTube channel and end up making money off this deal. I mean if people can make money unboxing a new phone and smashing it, why not burn a Delorean and use the story....
    Soundkillr was here.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    That news article is exactly what I wanted to see and exactly what should have been said. What makes me sick, is this guy is going to cry to the world and pump his YouTube channel and end up making money off this deal. I mean if people can make money unboxing a new phone and smashing it, why not burn a Delorean and use the story....
    The guy only has 3k subs and does everything he can to promote his channel. I have almost that and I don't do crap. All I do is share my scale model builds as I make them and it's been over 2 years since I have built anything.
    I'm sure he monetized his channel, I never bothered but the point being he isn't making Jacksquat with 3k subscribers.

I have noticed that every single time that someone asks an honest question, not a jab, not an insult or anything offensive, just an honest question like when he tried to sell it, why he stated that he spent 30k with DPI to restore his car when he knew it wasn't true.
    He immediately removes and blocks any question whatsoever and without hesitation.
    I can't help but to think all this extra attention excites him but part of him has to be scared shitless.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-10-2018 at 07:09 PM.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

The threat of potentially being busted for insurance fraud (assuming that's the case) would have anyone scared.

Really the more this story floats and the more details about the guy that come out, the fishier it gets.

On another note.... couldnt he have burned the i8, rather than the Delorean?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    "Why People Are Asking Questions About That Bizarre Viral DeLorean Fire" by Jason Torchinsky

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Unrelatedly he seems to have been charged with "No Proof of Insurance last year, well 2016.

I wonder if that's what he means that he is "under insured" in this case.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Rear ended my butt! I don't see any damage to that bumper other than the fire.

Didn't matter how many fire extinguishers he had access to. He can't film and fight the fire at the same time.
    Besides YouTube doesn't give you money for the number of fire extinguishers you use up and if he was to put out the fire he wouldn't have anything interesting to film. Just imagine the title, fire put out before too late - views 3! To attention seekers like him the choice was clear.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast