FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean fire in Orem UT

Someone locally needs to find the buyer and offer their car while he still has 70 grand burning a hole in his pocket...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

If he had the car sold for 70 grand, why was he driving it? Yeah, I woulda just taken the fire extinguisher as well.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Both of those stories raise questions to their sincerity. The suspicious side of me is thinking this is another "Veyron in the lake" attention play.

My VIN:    Between VINs

Yes.

Like and Share!

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Robmac123 View Post
    Someone locally needs to find the buyer and offer their car while he still has 70 grand burning a hole in his pocket...
    yeah I sell him mine and drive it down to UT for him and then Ill be posting a WTB add again.
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    10907

They're discussing it in this post on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&ref=bookmarks

(If the link doesn't work it's the Orem PD.)

The guy's brother says the car was rear-ended in a hit-and-run right before the fire started.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Both of those stories raise questions to their sincerity. The suspicious side of me is thinking this is another "Veyron in the lake" attention play.
    The guy says in the facebook comments that he didn't even have it insured for anything near what it was worth/what he says he was selling it for. Ouch.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I don't know the guy or anything about him(apparently he is some kind of YouTube star). I do however recognize several red flags and if I see them, I'm sure the police and insurance see them. Thats the thing with what little stardom he has, if you try to pull the wool over our eyes, you are trying to fool a lot more people than just a few local government employees.

I'll just say that insurance companies have people who are damn good at sniffing out fraud and that includes what started car fires. He better be telling the truth.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-07-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I found a short video on YouTube of the car.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Ugh, I hate to think that anybody would deliberately destroy any classic car, let alone a D. But in a world where people will literally poison their own kids for money or just attention, it's possible. This guy was apparently in his mid-30s, with a big house and a car collection including the $140K BMW that got vandalized. Either he has a really amazing job, comes from a rich family or was really insanely overextended. If it's a scam I hope they nail him. There are quite a few comments on the facebook threads saying the BMW incident was a scam but I can't find any objective confirmation one way or the other online.

The car was 4412, anybody know any more about its history? The original plate was Tennessee and he said it was a one-owner, but he picked it up in Illinois when he first bought it?

(Edit: The guy's parents commented on his FB that he's actually only 22, and supposedly that's why he couldn't insure the cars for the full value. Really want to know what job a 22-year-old gets that pays for all this stuff and is legal.)
    Last edited by DaraSue; 01-07-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast