FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Delorean fire in Orem UT

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

What I noticed in that video is that if the fuel lines were original, they would have all melted in the fire since the originals were made of Teflon. You can clearly see that the fuel lines are intact. I now, really wonder how this fire started. Possible fuel leak at the washer and banjo bolt but who knows..
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    What I noticed in that video is that if the fuel lines were original, they would have all melted in the fire since the originals were made of Teflon. You can clearly see that the fuel lines are intact. I now, really wonder how this fire started. Possible fuel leak at the washer and banjo bolt but who knows..
    I thought they looked like braided lines(albeit charred), I said that mainly because they were still there but you can see what looks like metal in places plus they got the "standard" braided line symmetry thing going on.

SmartSelect_20201114-192943_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 11-14-2020 at 07:32 PM.

In his defense, I have to ask how would a dumb kid engineer a engine fire so that an expert could not figure out the orgins?(assuming he is telling the truth about his insurance company sending an expert).

It doesn't make sense the insurance company would deny a claim because they could not understand why it happened....it makes more sense they would deny the claim because they actually did figure out it was arson. So in order to even go down his trail of excuses, you must first believe him and I have a hard time doing that.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Hard to know the circumstances of why the insurance company denied the claim. Without hearing their side of it all we can do is guess. In most States there is an appeal process but again, we don't know all of the facts so maybe he did appeal it and lost. There are a lot of things about this that don't "add up". In cases where an insurance company suspects arson, they refer it to the AG's office for further investigation. They may also file against the claimant for insurance fraud and if it is really serious the Feds get involved using mail fraud. One possibility is the insurance company could have told the claimant to go away or they would pursue these charges because they do suspect arson but just don't want to spend the effort to really get hard evidence. Again, this is unusual because insurance companies will generally pay out on this kind of claim involving a fire without much investigation. On cars with fuel injection, engine fires have become more common and in most cases wind up a total loss.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I thought they looked like braided lines(albeit charred), I said that mainly because they were still there but you can see what looks like metal in places plus they got the "standard" braided line symmetry thing going on.

SmartSelect_20201114-192943_Samsung Internet.jpg
    He got the car from Sharkey and the Indiana group and replacing the old lines with DPI's set was pretty SOP for them, maybe Kolin can chime in with more details.

Back to the video - you can't get a loan for a classic car? That would be news to many in this community, although most of us aren't self-employed 20-somethings.

Also interesting how he talks about "the community" turning its back on him, when nobody actually seems to have known or interacted with him prior to this incident. He certainly wasn't involved in the UT club at all. And maybe the BMW community has a higher douchebag ratio than we do, but I've never seen people in the DeLorean community hate on somebody for being a young owner. Trying to talk prospective owners out of getting in over their head, yeah, but not being a jerk to a new owner just because they're in their 20s. And who was happy to see the dude's car burn up? Most people I saw were pretty bummed about a DeLorean being trashed, even if they thought its owner was a scamming douche.

Best of luck to this dude in his attempt to rebrand himself as some kind of enlightenment guru...

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    He got the car from Sharkey and the Indiana group and replacing the old lines with DPI's set was pretty SOP for them, maybe Kolin can chime in with more details.

Back to the video - you can't get a loan for a classic car? That would be news to many in this community, although most of us aren't self-employed 20-somethings.

Also interesting how he talks about "the community" turning its back on him, when nobody actually seems to have known or interacted with him prior to this incident. He certainly wasn't involved in the UT club at all. And maybe the BMW community has a higher douchebag ratio than we do, but I've never seen people in the DeLorean community hate on somebody for being a young owner. Trying to talk prospective owners out of getting in over their head, yeah, but not being a jerk to a new owner just because they're in their 20s. And who was happy to see the dude's car burn up? Most people I saw were pretty bummed about a DeLorean being trashed, even if they thought its owner was a scamming douche.

Best of luck to this dude in his attempt to rebrand himself as some kind of enlightenment guru...

I took his comments on the "car community" were people he physically interacted with, his followers and people who commented on his videos - not the DeLorean community. Like you said, you and UT DMCers didn't know him. Other than a "delorean on fire" video being posted here I would not have heard of him.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post

I messaged him on Instagram about him burning his car for fraud money. He came unglued on me I had to block him
    edit this was shorty after he burned the car.
    Last edited by Alex Brooks; 11-18-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    Alex Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    I messaged him on Instagram about him burning his car for fraud money. He came unglued on me I had to block him
    edit this was shorty after he burned the car.
    Damn! He usually blocks anyone that so much as asks without saying a word to them. You must have found the right button!

UGGGGGGHHH! Crashed his i8, and of course he is a victim and predictably, the other guy's insurance doesn't cover it or his medical bills. Apparently he is homeless now(according to him).

Last edited by Michael; 08-09-2021 at 08:59 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In his defense, I have to ask how would a dumb kid engineer a engine fire so that an expert could not figure out the orgins?(assuming he is telling the truth about his insurance company sending an expert).

It doesn't make sense the insurance company would deny a claim because they could not understand why it happened....it makes more sense they would deny the claim because they actually did figure out it was arson. So in order to even go down his trail of excuses, you must first believe him and I have a hard time doing that.
    This!

I know an insurance adjuster and she said they pay all kinds of claims that she knows is fraud, but don't have proof.

Two other things, 1. it's pretty rare for people to throw rocks though your window for nothing. He was targeted for something. (Not for being young with a nice car) 2. Why did he make this video? Are we supposed to send him money? Is he going to be a self help guru?

I didn't watch the second video. Can't stand to lessen to him.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast