FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Injectors leaking when mixture plate not pushed

My VIN:    10123 01896 03999

Injectors leaking when mixture plate not pushed

Hi all, recently I found out my distributor plunger on my car was sticking and causing my injectors to keep pushing when the mixture plate was not being pushed. I just received my rebuilt distributor from Midwest, went for the second injector test and all 6 injectors are still leaking without the mixture plate being pushed. My baseline has not been reset yet it is still blocked off. Anyone have any ideas before I reset the baseline and get a dwell meter? All injectors are clean and free and spray evenly with the plate being pushed.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by ncp546 View Post
    Hi all, recently I found out my distributor plunger on my car was sticking and causing my injectors to keep pushing when the mixture plate was not being pushed. I just received my rebuilt distributor from Midwest, went for the second injector test and all 6 injectors are still leaking without the mixture plate being pushed. My baseline has not been reset yet it is still blocked off. Anyone have any ideas before I reset the baseline and get a dwell meter? All injectors are clean and free and spray evenly with the plate being pushed.
    There was a procedure (not an official one) where you adjust the mixture screw to just stop the injectors from spraying to get the car running and then finish adjusting using a dwell meter. It is also possible your injectors are dirty and are dribbling and need to be cleaned or replaced. I suggest you send your injectors out to be cleaned and tested before messing with the fuel distributor.
    David Teitelbaum

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ncp546 View Post
    You need to reset the baseline any time you swap fuel distributors. They NEVER just bolt on and run. Run the pump and back off the adjustment until they **just** stop. Start and tune from there. Since you have the injectors out anyway, do a full flow test at several levels of flap opening.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    10123 01896 03999

Thank you BOTH of you for your help. Removed the plug, got the baseline set. Car is now running. Waiting on my dwell meter to show up. Thank you again for answering my questions