FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: original Presenting the DeLorean banner

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    My mind goes more along these lines:

IGotYouADollar.jpg

All seriousness though, my "current bid" would be quite higher than that. Can't resist a good laugh though

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I woulda offered $20-30 plus a beer of your choice if you wanted to bring it here to Tacoma....that was until someone else mentioned $100-200..hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I woulda offered $20-30 plus a beer of your choice if you wanted to bring it here to Tacoma....that was until someone else mentioned $100-200..hehe.
    Found the site: http://www.deloreanmuseum.org/keep-history-alive.html -- their contact info is shared with DMCH it seems (minus the email, which is [[ info@ ]] the domain linked to, but close enough). Give DMCH a call, see what they think.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post

That said, this needs to be preserved well. Have you tried the DMC Museum? What you have is already in great condition, it would be a shame to have this be in private hands where no one sees it. (Where's the link to that? Surprisingly Google is being unhelpful and I can't find it in my bookmarks anywhere)

Now why the hell would he do that? Why is it whenever someone has some rare DeLorean piece there is always someone crying it should be in a museum? If it was yours and rent is coming due I can sure as $h!t guarantee you that you would be selling it and not offering it as a gift to a museum. Like I said on another forum, the DeLorean community takes a back seat to meeting mortgage and feeding the family. Everyone is talking like this is the freaking Shroud of Turin. Let him sell it and don't put a stupid guilt trip on him for doing so.

Hell I might buy it and burn it on Facebook live just to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    you would be selling it and not offering it as a gift
    Did I say otherwise? Jesus what a blood-boiling hissy fit lol, I told him to hit them up to see if they would buy it. Where no one sees it vs. displayed somehow becomes a financial difference now too? I don't get that one, sorry. It's $100, I'm sure we could pool it together and collectively donate if it comes down to it was my point. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Did I say otherwise? Jesus what a blood-boiling hissy fit lol, I told him to hit them up to see if they would buy it. Where no one sees it vs. displayed somehow becomes a financial difference now too? I don't get that one, sorry. It's $100, I'm sure we could pool it together and collectively donate if it comes down to it was my point. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
    DeLorean museum doesn't buy anything and I don't throw hissy fits like some people here do. I mean it's not like he is trying to put a train horn in his car or anything.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-07-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Have you tried the DMC Museum? What you have is already in great condition, it would be a shame to have this be in private hands where no one sees it.
    Sorry but I already "gave it away" 22 years ago - not this time. Not knowing anything about the DeLorean Museum, I went to their website. No indication I could see there of who is running that. And it's currently housed at DMCH? No way. They can step up and purchase it like anyone else. I have had bad experiences with "non-profit" museums. I worked for the LeMay - America's Car Museum for 3 years. They were always begging for monetary donations, sold off many of the cars that were donated to them, and wouldn't fund proper care of the cars they kept - all while paying their CEO upwards of $350,000 per year, and the next two under him over $200k each. While I'm not saying that is even similar to the case here, having DMCH involved makes me very leery.

I'm retired and have a street rod project to fund - that's why I sold the car after all. Best offer so far is $125. If I can't do better than that I'll either ebay it or hang it on my shop wall.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I thought those were printed on a type of fabric.
    I have one - it's actually printed on something more like Tyvek (The stuff they make FedEx envelopes out of).
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I have one - it's actually printed on something more like Tyvek (The stuff they make FedEx envelopes out of).
    Yes, that's what it's like. Very tough, two separate pieces back to back connected by the grommets.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post

I'm retired and have a street rod project to fund - that's why I sold the car after all. Best offer so far is $125. If I can't do better than that I'll either ebay it or hang it on my shop wall.
    A condensed version of what I wrote just a few days ago on FB. I will paste it here as it applies:

I learned a long time ago, when it comes to DeLorean crowds, everything is fair game. If you try to sell something, you are ALWAYS asking too much and you should cut them a deal since they are a "brother" because they have the same kind of car. If you are giving that away they will beat your door down and rip your arm off, then turn right around and flip it on ebay. I tried to sell a mint left fender on Talk a few years ago for I think 1500 and got shellacked and brow beat, one guy even offered my 750.00 and made it sound like he was helping me out. Sold it on ebay for 2,500.00(since then I have sold more than a few fenders on ebay) and now pretty much every DeLorean related thing I sell bypasses the community and goes straight to ebay. Screw the brotherhood because nobody screws you quicker and harder than "family".

Make what you can because you don't owe these people a damn thing. The DeLorean community takes a backseat to meeting the mortgage and feeding the family.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-07-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast