FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Random coolant leak from front driver's side

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Thanks, everybody. After all that I ended up taking it to the shop to see if he'd spot anything I was missing. I wasn't really looking forward to trying to do it myself in a freezing cold garage and I don't have very many mechanically inclined friends (plus my work schedule makes it difficult to sync up with even the ones who aren't mechanically inclined).

I had Danny hold off on sending the replacement radiator til I get a second opinion but I'm wondering if I should go with a different vendor even if there is something warranty-fixable wrong with this one. If there's a chance I might have to deal with this same issue this time next year I'd almost rather just spend the extra money on a new and hopefully better one.
    Just get the DMC supplied radiators. They are perfectly fine.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Just get the DMC supplied radiators. They are perfectly fine.
    I agree as I've been using the same ones for a few years with no problems. If they'll warranty it go for it if confirmed it's leaking. If not we sell it for less.
    Rob

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Instead of spending more money it would make sense to go with the offered replacement radiator.

For what its worth, I got my radiator from what is now DeLoreango, I believe at one time Rob told me he could get the same radiator for me but by then I didn't know this and it was too late. It is unpainted and has been trouble free.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10201

I read the thread where you took out the intake cause I *was* about to change out the water pump hoses in mine this weekend, but I think I'll save that until the next meetup now. I did change the radiator entirely by myself though. The only time you would need 2 people is when you get the condenser/radiator/fan shroud loose. It is MUCH simpler considering there are far less things that can mechanically go wrong. Completely understand not wanting to do this in a cold garage though.

My VIN:    10907

Well, after all that, when I took it to the shop the mechanic pressure tested it and said it was just a loose clamp on the upper hose after all. Still not sure how it was always dry up by that hose when I'd see it dripping, unless the leak actually wasn't actively occurring when I saw the drips and so the top part had already dried out. I swear I'd already tried tightening that clamp, but I guess I didn't put enough elbow grease into it.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Well that is one of the easiest fixes ever. Glad it wasn’t anything worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3