FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Random coolant leak from front driver's side

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    10907

Random coolant leak from front driver's side

So the problem I was trying to fix when all this started is still going on.

Every so often after I drive, the next morning I'll find a small puddle of antifreeze up near the left side of the radiator. The last time it happened was after I drove it a straight 35 miles after letting it sit for several weeks, but the previous time it was being regularly driven, and it didn't noticeably happen before or after that until last week. I drove the car again yesterday (about 25 miles) and didn't notice any leakage but I did wash the undercarriage afterward so it's possible it did it and I couldn't tell.

My radiator was replaced, with this kit AFAIK, last winter. About 10000 miles have been put on the car since then. I'm now hearing that this can be a known issue with the OEM radiators and even some vendors don't use them anymore.

Has anybody else had this issue and fixed it without having to replace the radiator?

I found this thread http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?93...light=radiator and it looks like this might be the closest to the issue I'm having. He ended up replacing his.

After all that futzing with my coolant system I did over Thanksgiving, I never did actually manage to replicate this leak. I'm loath to try the pressure tester again since last time it leaked from everywhere but the radiator. Are there any other things I should check?

There isn't any overheating that I've seen.
    Last edited by DaraSue; 01-06-2018 at 05:01 PM.