FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Rear shock replacement

My VIN:    5625

Rear shock replacement

Hey guys -

I am replacing the rear shocks on my D to Spax.

I have a question in regards to the rear spring platform and the split supt collar.

Namely, how the heck do you get them apart?!!! Do you just pound out the split sup collar from within the spring platform?

Then, once you do get it out, do you install the split collar again on the spax shock where you want the spring platform to be, or do you omit the split collar and let the spring platform ride on the spax adjustment rings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    03572

Those split collars just sit on a circular ring and the cup keeps the collars together. So when you pull the shock and spring it just lifts up.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Those split collars just sit on a circular ring and the cup keeps the collars together. So when you pull the shock and spring it just lifts up.
    ok, it looks like I just had crud holding the cup on. Though the split collar still stuck to the old shock. Do I need to re-use the split collar on the spax shock with the spring cup or jus the spring cup?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Just the spring cup, Worthwhile setting the adjuster to both the same height and about the height on the old ones (compare side by side) before you fit also.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/