Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
Yes they are! I broke 1 of mine even when aware they were easy to break.

It sounds like the OP is already planning to replace lines, but in case anyone needs more fear struck into them: I had an original line burst on me while driving about 5 years ago, which thankfully killed the engine, preventing a fire from starting. The engine was still cold which helped as well. Needless to say, I replaced every fuel line that week!
I presume the advice is well intended, but none of us need more "fear" struck into us. There is already more than there ever needed to be of that in the world, extending to far more than just cars and fuel lines

Know the facts and then make educated and informed decisions. Using singular examples doesn't make for good catch-all, "better safe than sorry" policies, especially when the context is not always entirely known nor understood or not applicable from one case to the next.

"Don't ever reuse copper sealing washers?" Sounds like good advice, right? And probably is a lot of the time for lots of people. What if I told you a well-respected car and/or DeLorean specific expert said to me they reuse these copper sealing washers all the time? That's a real world example, not the textbook theory one.

It wouldn't help anyone to broadcast that for "fear" of that now being the norm or "best practice." These cars are in the hands of a very diverse group of people and are in a wide range of conditions in both maintenance and operation. It takes common sense and due diligence and the willingness to ask questions when you aren't sure about something.

No one wants to see another car on fire or crashed up after a failed bearing or trailing arm bolt breaking. No one wants to live in fear of something awful happening anytime they get in their car either. Stop the fear mongering.