FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fuel lines

My VIN:    10907

At what point can you safely assume you have a good seal? I've been a little nervous ever since doing my own work on them over Thanksgiving week, but I've put a couple hundred miles on since then and my car hasn't caught on fire yet. Before & after driving I'll sniff around by the fuel distributor and I don't smell any gas back there, can I stop worrying (or at least stop worrying quite as much)?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

If you replaced the crush washers there shouldn't be a problem. They bed into the two mate surfaces and seal the connection point. Leaking banjos that are at least partially tightened seep and look wet around the connection. Its rare for one to be spraying every where unless the banjo was installed wrong from the start. This wouldn't become a problem a month later but more or less immediately.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    If you replaced the crush washers there shouldn't be a problem. They bed into the two mate surfaces and seal the connection point. Leaking banjos that are at least partially tightened seep and look wet around the connection. Its rare for one to be spraying every where unless the banjo was installed wrong from the start. This wouldn't become a problem a month later but more or less immediately.
    Thanks, I'll breathe slightly easier now. Still carrying around two fire extinguishers plus the BlazeCut just in case, haha...

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Can never be too safe!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Ed Uding offers a whole set of copper washers for the fuel lines:

https://www.delorean.eu/catalog/prod...ocdle17lj3ojd1

Don't know if you could find them cheaper locally.
    Hervey had a kit also. I've looked for bulk buy but could not find any good deals. I bought a bunch from McMaster-carr but they are still pricey for just being a copper washer.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    plus the BlazeCut just in case, haha...
    Do you have a pic of this installed? I'm curious how you fasten it to the engine cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Do you have a pic of this installed? I'm curious how you fasten it to the engine cover.
    There's one here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14...l=1#post207724

It attaches with zipties through the vents. Dave Tavres contacted the manufacturer recently and they confirmed what we already suspected which is that it won't be super effective in a vented/open space like our engine bay but I'm crossing my fingers that if something happens it'll buy me enough time to get a real extinguisher back there and maybe keep a couple grand worth of damage from turning into a complete smoking ruin.

My VIN:    6472

There's one here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14...l=1#post207724

It attaches with zipties through the vents. Dave Tavres contacted the manufacturer recently and they confirmed what we already suspected which is that it won't be super effective in a vented/open space like our engine bay but I'm crossing my fingers that if something happens it'll buy me enough time to get a real extinguisher back there and maybe keep a couple grand worth of damage from turning into a complete smoking ruin.
    Cool, I didn't even realize there was a whole thread about it already. Thanks!

My VIN:    03500

It attaches with zipties through the vents. Dave Tavres contacted the manufacturer recently and they confirmed what we already suspected which is that it won't be super effective in a vented/open space like our engine bay but I'm crossing my fingers that if something happens it'll buy me enough time to get a real extinguisher back there and maybe keep a couple grand worth of damage from turning into a complete smoking ruin.[/QUOTE

Yuup same here.

Dave B.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Here is how I did mine. I drilled small holes in the ribs underneath. Obviously I have extremely far less places that I can have a fuel leak, but I too have it as a "just in case" with hopes that it buys a moment to either get out or get the extinguisher ready.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...l=1#post197273
    Last edited by dn010; 01-17-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    -----Dan B.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3