FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Any active groups or meet ups in Dallas, TX?

My VIN:    4372

Any active groups or meet ups in Dallas, TX?

Hi everyone!

My names Mike and I’m a life-long Delorean enthusiast who is on the track to becoming a Delorean owner within the next couple of years. I’m currently researching as much as possible about the car itself, maintenance, repair, history, etc.. in order to become a responsible owner when the time comes.

I currently live in Dallas, TX and I’m looking to reach out to any local Delorean owners, clubs, or groups to meet so that I can begin my intro into the community, get to know some local folks, and hopefully meet some of these cars in person to better inform my own journey to ownership. I spotted a D around the Dallas-proper area recently, I’m hoping it’s one of y’all!

A little about me: I’m 32, male, and I’m a part of the local music and swing dance communities. I do interface design during the day for rent, bills, food, and my Delorean fund.

Is there anyone in Dallas on these forums? Any groups or meetup events around the DFW area to meet some people?

-Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel05 View Post
    Hi everyone!

My names Mike and I’m a life-long Delorean enthusiast who is on the track to becoming a Delorean owner within the next couple of years. I’m currently researching as much as possible about the car itself, maintenance, repair, history, etc.. in order to become a responsible owner when the time comes.

I currently live in Dallas, TX and I’m looking to reach out to any local Delorean owners, clubs, or groups to meet so that I can begin my intro into the community, get to know some local folks, and hopefully meet some of these cars in person to better inform my own journey to ownership. I spotted a D around the Dallas-proper area recently, I’m hoping it’s one of y’all!

A little about me: I’m 32, male, and I’m a part of the local music and swing dance communities. I do interface design during the day for rent, bills, food, and my Delorean fund.

Is there anyone in Dallas on these forums? Any groups or meetup events around the DFW area to meet some people?

-Mike
    Hey Mike. I'm out in Rowlett. There's a handful of us in the DFW area. Here in a couple of weeks, several local owners are going to be out at the North Texas Irish Festival with their cars. They do it every year. I probably won't have my car out there but I may stop by and chat for a while. If you're interested in that, it's over at Fair park. Here's a link: http://www.ntif.org/activities/delorean.html
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    Hey Mike. I'm out in Rowlett. There's a handful of us in the DFW area. Here in a couple of weeks, several local owners are going to be out at the North Texas Irish Festival with their cars. They do it every year. I probably won't have my car out there but I may stop by and chat for a while. If you're interested in that, it's over at Fair park. Here's a link: http://www.ntif.org/activities/delorean.html
    That sounds fun, I’ll plan on attending the event and introducing myself!

How often does everyone get together? Is it mostly for events like the festival?

I did find a DFW Facebook group, but it looks pretty inactive. Is it worth reaching out there as well?

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel05 View Post
    That sounds fun, I’ll plan on attending the event and introducing myself!

How often does everyone get together? Is it mostly for events like the festival?

I did find a DFW Facebook group, but it looks pretty inactive. Is it worth reaching out there as well?

I'm not on FB so can't comment on that question.

Usually the owners get together a few times a year for events like the NTIF and then some parades during the holiday season. Occasionally some may also go to Coffee and Cars or another show like that.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    I'm not on FB so can't comment on that question.

Usually the owners get together a few times a year for events like the NTIF and then some parades during the holiday season. Occasionally some may also go to Coffee and Cars or another show like that.
    Gotcha, I’ll reach out to that group to and see if anyone is monitoring it.

I’ll send you a PM.