Hi!

Was there any change in the production of the fiberglass body on later cars to correct fitment issues?
I have an early car #1598 which I have had a frame off restoration on.
My front fenders were shimmed alot, but i reduced the amount of shims, changed gasket on hood to a thinner one, and adjusted the hood closer to the trunk.
I did all this to try to get the fenders to align better with the doors.
The right door I had to shim the front door striker pin, and grind the edge of the rear one, as the rear one was pushing the door forward.
Keep in mind I have also changed the roof box, but I dont see why that would matter as the striker pin pushed it forward.
I cant remember how the fitment was on the doors before restoration, but i remember the hood was riding high and the right door was hard to close, as it was now until i modified the striker pins. (I have adjusted the rods for the latches)
The rear fascia I had to adjust all the way up on the right side, cause it seems like the fascia was lower on the right side compared to the roofline and rear window.
Feels like It needs a little bit more adjustment too.... But that would also make a bigger gap on the exhaust tip on the right side than on the left side. (it is already bigger)
Anybody have these issues?
I have not seen any damage on frame and body, but when measuring the frame it seems like he rear right corner could have been a little bit higher up, which would help on the looks, but again also make the exhaust gap on the right side even worse.

I can see why some people say they loose interest in the car after working on it, cause it is certainly making me mad when it looks like it was thrown together after trying to restore the car!

What are other peoples experience with this? (mainly the the fascia leaning on one side)