FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A post trim

Wow, I actually really like the tinting idea. I think I'll do this on my own D, thanks!

Is tinting applied from the inside or the outside? I thought it was inside, so I would need to remove, tint, re-install. Still worth it though -- prior owner used duct tape and even that peeled off its own backing.

My VIN:    5186

I was thinking of taping off the area and use a black windshield dye/paint on the inside of the windshield, In my case, I have the covers removed and this would be easy to do.

I should clarify: mine need replacement, so while they're removed, a tint would be added to help hide them from outside the car. It is still the idea I like the best, I've just never tinted a windshield before and would hate to screw it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    I should clarify: mine need replacement, so while they're removed, a tint would be added to help hide them from outside the car. It is still the idea I like the best, I've just never tinted a windshield before and would hate to screw it up!
    Here is a link with lots of info and How To
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wind...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I'll take it, blackout paint is a new term, gives me something to look for Thanks man!

I just received my new post trim covers from DMC. They are really nice and they have the fiberglass core. This core even has a curved edge on the windshield side which should allow me to tuck it in without removing the windshield. This will be much better than trying to recover the old plastic cores.
    Great replacement product!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    I just received my new post trim covers from DMC. They are really nice and they have the fiberglass core. This core even has a curved edge on the windshield side which should allow me to tuck it in without removing the windshield. This will be much better than trying to recover the old plastic cores.
    Great replacement product!!
    Can you take a pic of the curved edge? The fiberglass replacements that I purchased stop short about 0.75" from the actual windshield, so I extended it.

IMG_2876.JPG
    Not sure if this shows the rolled edge very well. It’s about a 1/8” roll or cuff which should slide into the wind shield edge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2