FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: No matter what ya spend on any car

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Lightbulb No matter what ya spend on any car

Who agrees with me that no matter what ya spend on any car issues can arise?

I'm just amazed at people who spend a TON of money on cars and think "oh it will never break down again".

It may be better than stock, but never perfect...

Has this deterred me from Deloreans? HELL NO!!

Wow, Mr. holier-than-thou much? And this from the man who was offered one for free and lambasted the guy who offered it?

You've been around here long enough to know how reliable they can be. Insulting and highly condescending tone aside, I do not at all agree. I've seen far too many daily drivers (probably upwards of 100 by now) to convince me otherwise. In ALL price brackets by the way.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

While it is generally true the more money you spend and the better you take care of a car (or anything mechanical) the more reliable it will be-----to a point. Even brand new cars break down so you have to consider what can happen to a 30 + year old car and be prepared for it. Brand new parts can fail, be installed improperly, or be abused. That said, the better you take care of it, the less problems you will have. There is no way to fix up anything to the point that it will never break.
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    Who agrees with me that no matter what ya spend on any car issues can arise?

I'm just amazed at people who spend a TON of money on cars and think "oh it will never break down again".
    captain-obvious-in-the-news_o_731483.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post

Has this deterred me from Deloreans? HELL NO!!
    https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=&l=F...vl=ENTRY_LEVEL

I think it's important to realize that you can run into issues no matter where you buy a car too. I thought that buying from a dealership might save me some grief when I bought my '66 Mustang. Turns out I was wrong, but I only learned that about a month into owning it when I had to replace the master cylinder for the brakes and a host of other small issues That said, the car was so much fun to own and drive. Each problem that came up was a learning opportunity and chance to leave my mark on the car.