Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

CBS Sunday morning Almanac: Delorean

Just saw this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/almanac-the-delorean-car/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Last line of the article: "And a successor DeLorean company plans to bring the fabled car back into production in the very near future -- January 21st of NEXT year."

Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    Between VINs

Next year, every year.

I was hoping nobody would post that here and give them the clickbait attention they're after. I mean seriously, even the headline: "Almanac" -- really Biff?

This is CBS. National level. Last update on the DMCH stuff was "we're planning for 2017" -- i.e. LAST year. This is the kind of thing a journalistic intern writes and gets fired over. How the hell does a nationally-respected media outlet let journalistic standards fly out the window so horribly over what appears to be an article of misinformation, misrepresentation, and outright falsehoods?

Maybe DMCH would like to catch wind of this article. CBS shits all over DeLoreans and gives DMCH a shred of moderate praise after basically saying what a horrible idea being remotely interested in one already is -- somehow I can't fathom this would go over well down in Houston. Especially over the articles we do know DMCH has a hand in.

Anyhow, I'm getting back to what really matters: proper "prime time" for VIN 500. Captioning / uploading as we speak. As for CBS, I'll just leave this tag here:

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Exciting!! Can someone tell me more about these new DeLoreans, or better yet are there any artists impressions available of what they will look like. I've searched all over the internet and can find nothing !!!!!!!
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

CBS Sunday morning Almanac: Delorean

Awe come on Shep, lighten up a bit.

The reason that they even ran the piece was the significance of the Date: Jan 21, which was a this day in history Almanac piece for the first day a car rolled of the production line ceremoniously. The rest was just largely historical stuff that progressed since then. Whether the last line in the piece happens in the future is meaningless at this point.

CBS Sunday morning does an Almanac piece every Sunday about something significant in history for the day the show airs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 01-22-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Don't know why I'm singled out when literally all of responded with the same basic attitude of "not this crap again" (if there's a beef I'm unaware of, please fill me in and I'll work to resolve it), but I was largely talking about the entire article being poorly written, not just the DMCH line -- which, again, I don't know where they got that from and I still think it's out of thin air given I've not seen DMCH push any of it for a loooong time.

By the way -- general advice for everyone -- please warn others when there's an auto-playing video on a link you share with audio playing. I already saw and knew, others may not, the warning can help awkward situations. Muted sound on a laptop at home doesn't count, I'm all set there.

As for why I'm harsh, here's why: the article is skeletal at best, and largely omits anything that could even be considered "positive". Point me to something about our cars -- not the movie, remember BTTF didn't occur in January -- they wrote about after the entry line that was in any way positive, and I can cite at least four negative. Hardly a neutral piece for a so-called "historical" article. Hell they wrote more about BTTF than they did the car itself, even a YouTube embed.

And I do need to note this also for non-Clevelanders: they didn't bother doing two seconds of legwork to confirm the museum name either -- Cleveland History Museum is where the dinosaurs and space capsules are, Crawford Auto Aviation Museum is where the cars (including VIN 500), planes, a merry-go-round, and apparently a Goodyear blimp gondola are. Wrong building, even if it is only a couple blocks over.

It's just poorly researched, regurgitated garbage of an article that never should have seen the light of day its current format. I'm not knocking the original intent, especially the timing with Crawford, but the end result is just atrocious.

See, now THIS looks like DMCH's work right here, but note it's NBC, and again, a local channel:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/d...n-houston-area

I laughed audibly when I read this part:
    That led to lots of inquiries from possible customers.

"As we stand now, the list is some 5,000 strong. And we've done no marketing whatsoever," Wynne said.
    Minus, you know, the media circus we invented over the website that we invented over this vaporware we invented over customer demand we invented over...

Wouldn't be so bad if the link wasn't in the very next sentence. A marketing website does qualify as marketing, hate to break it to you.
    Last edited by Shep; 01-23-2018 at 12:09 PM.