FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Antenna

Antenna

I purchased an antenna from dmch a few months ago. I'm just now getting around to installing it. My car still had the original bracket inside the rear pontoon but someone had removed the antenna at some point so that's all I needed. Does anyone have pics of how the antenna attaches to the bracket? I am trying to figure it out and for the life of me I can't. It's obvious how the top attaches but the bottom is a complete mystery. It seems like the drain is getting in the way. Am I missing a piece?

Thanks

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

It is possible the antennae you got is not exactly the same as the original and it does not fasten to the bottom of the bracket as the original one did, only at the top. Best to call the vendor you got it from and ask them. You also need to know if you have to use the relay or if the antennae has an internal one.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Antenna

So, your replacement did not come with the mounting bracket as part of a installation kit?

I don’t know the bottom configuration of the current antenna DMCH sells. However, when I replaced my OE power antenna a couple decades ago with a Harada MX-22B, I had to drill one new hole in the bottom bracket leg for the antenna drain port which was positioned on the opposite side of the original antenna hole location. I was able to reuse the mounting screw location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

The current bracket that dmch sells is identical to the one that's in the car. The antenna is more or less the same as the original as well. Dmch sells these together as a kit so they should fit together. I'm just not sure how they go together though. If anyone has a picture of how their antenna is mounted I would greatly appreciate it.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

It would be easier if you post a photo of your antenna bottom area and the lower bracket.

It’s rather difficult for us to open up that area to get you photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Installation on bracket shown here.

http://www.deloreanindustries.com/9-...nless-bracket/
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Ok, that pic really helped. I thought the drain was supposed to go through the wider part of the slit in the bracket. From that picture though it looks like it goes the other way. It looks like there are some spacers between the bottom of the bracket and the antenna? The drain on mine actually hangs lower that the holes the bolts go through.IMG_1837.jpg IMG_1838.jpg

Yes we designed our bracket to space the motor off the bottom mounting surface. This allows for the drain whole to not be smashed against the bracket. To make the motor you have work you will need to modify it by cutting off the drain tube barb as pictured and or drill a whole in the bottom of your bracket for it to protrude. Most DMCH units we have seen in shop have this cut off the bottom. They may have forgotten to modify it.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I have some modification work to do.

Please confirm with the seller that modifying the drain tube port is ok. If you have warranty issues in the future I don't want to advise you to modify the part without their consent.