FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Who has info on VIN 6007?

Who has info on VIN 6007?

Found a listing out in California for VIN 6007. Currently has 23,205 miles on it, seller says the motor has been fully rebuilt. I googled the vin and came up with a few hits, one showed it was sold on eBay back in 2015 when it had 23,190. Tried searching on here to see if maybe it was a members car at one point, but came up empty handed. If anyone knows anything about this vin, it would be appreciated.

Also, would anyone be interested in going to look at it? I currently live in Florida, making it a little difficult to check it out.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by nstevic01 View Post
    Found a listing out in California for VIN 6007. Currently has 23,205 miles on it, seller says the motor has been fully rebuilt. I googled the vin and came up with a few hits, one showed it was sold on eBay back in 2015 when it had 23,190. Tried searching on here to see if maybe it was a members car at one point, but came up empty handed. If anyone knows anything about this vin, it would be appreciated.

Also, would anyone be interested in going to look at it? I currently live in Florida, making it a little difficult to check it out.
    With only 23K miles on it the motor should not have needed to be rebuilt unless something very bad happened to it. For the seller to make the claim "fully rebuilt motor" he should be able to substantiate that with bills. Otherwise any buyer should be skeptical of that claim. In any case you would expect the motor to work, and work well, rebuilt or not, unless otherwise mentioned by the seller. Even if the motor was just rebuilt that would not improve the value. Also, sometimes a seller will mention terms like "rebuilt, fully rebuilt, refurbished," etc but these terms mean different things to different people. The only way to know what was actually done is to see the bills. As an example, maybe the head gaskets were replaced and the seller is calling that "fully rebuilt". If you can find out who serviced the car you may get a better idea of it's current condition. Since 2015 it only accumulated 15 miles in 3 years?
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by nstevic01 View Post
    Found a listing out in California for VIN 6007.

Also, would anyone be interested in going to look at it?
    Which area of Calif. is the car located in?
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Which area of Calif. is the car located in?
    Van Nuys

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk