FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean Time Machine in Pepsi's 2018 Super Bowl Ad

My VIN:    10644

DeLorean Time Machine in Pepsi's 2018 Super Bowl Ad

It's nice seeing Pepsi Perfect getting some love in this year's Super Bowl ad:

http://adage.com/article/special-rep...spears/312193/

Whose car was this?
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

The DeLorean and the Time machine are nothing more than advertising tools to hacks with no imagination. Seems like every "reality" show will have one sooner rather than later and the car has lost some of the mystique it once had. These days, a DeLorean commands less of the "looks of wonder and awe" and becoming more of "oh yeah, I saw one last night on Keeping up with the Kardashians.

We let this happen because we were so very eager to get the car out there in the limelight and maybe that argument has weight given the rise in values. I just don't want the car or the marque to be seen as a prop to sell waterbeds and big screen tv's on the public access channels.

I think it should be reserved for movies that really deserve it's role.
    In a nutshell, more "Ready Player One", less "Pawn Stars/Video Bob" pandering.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Agreed. My initial thought is, deLorean appearances have been beaten to death. Now I just roll my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The DeLorean and the Time machine are nothing more than advertising tools to hacks with no imagination. Seems like every "reality" show will have one sooner rather than later and the car has lost some of the mystique it once had. These days, a DeLorean commands less of the "looks of wonder and awe" and becoming more of "oh yeah, I saw one last night on Keeping up with the Kardashians.

We let this happen because we were so very eager to get the car out there in the limelight and maybe that argument has weight given the rise in values. I just don't want the car or the marque to be seen as a prop to sell waterbeds and big screen tv's on the public access channels.

Soundkillr was here.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Who is Uncle Drew?

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

While I completely agree with you about certain types of advertisements (EG waterbeds, big screen tv's, etc) I'd have to say in this particular instance the commercial had a pretty distinct tie in that warranted the use of a DeLorean. The commercial features various Pepsi promotions from the past and the evolution of the logo and brand. Pepsi Perfect is one of those distinct evolutions that holds a certain notoriety in pop culture. If the commercial had been created without the inclusion of Pepsi Perfect it would have missed a big part of that history.

Another interesting thing to note is that Pepsi was intentionally chosen over Coke as a product placement in Back to the Future, specifically due the the fact that the Pepsi logo has changed throughout the years while Coke has not. It was another subtle way to contrast all the differences between the 1950's and 1980's.

Anyway though, I admit I may be slightly biased since I was involved with building this particular car...

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Whose car was this?
    The car was built by Joe Walser and the Temporal FX team for Terry Matalas. It is the TFX "Flagship" replica that has been used in some other high profile gigs like the Oscars last year.