FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DMCL Engine EPA Certification ***SPLIT From What's The Best Oil***

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    B28F EGR was done through the U pipes. That's what the blockoff plate is for.

Air injection was done into the exhaust pipe (before the converter).

Of course Volvo's catalytic converter was different.

Bill Robertson
    There's the Bill I know. If I ask one question at a time, you start getting elusive as a way to stay on top. If I post them all at once, you then just deflect to criticizing the length of my posts.

That is the same engine, with completely different emissions controls, and is different than what we're talking about.

Mods, please split this thread.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    There's the Bill I know. If I ask one question at a time, you start getting elusive as a way to stay on top. If I post them all at once, you then just deflect to criticizing the length of my posts.

That is the same engine, with completely different emissions controls, and is different than what we're talking about.

Mods, please split this thread.
    Be nice. *YOU* asked if EGR was B27F only -- Post #36:

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    As for EGR valves on PRVs, which year and engine type is it that you're referencing? Because it sounds like you're talking about the B27F. The DMC-12 used the B28F with the revised oil passages and emissions systems. Which Volvo utilized a year after DMC in the 760 Series. Same engine and configuration in the North American Market, and in Europe I'm pretty sure the old emissions systems were ditched as well.
    I answered your question: Volvo definitely used EGR on B28F.

If you really don't want to know if EGR was B27F only, don't ask.

If you ask if EGR was B27F only, don't get mad when someone answers your question.

I included air injection because the two typically went hand in hand at the turn of the 80's. Mist cars with EGR also had smog pumps, as did Volvo on its B28F equipped vehicles.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Be nice. *YOU* asked if EGR was B27F only -- Post #36:

I answered your question: Volvo definitely used EGR on B28F.

If you really don't want to know if EGR was B27F only, don't ask.

If you ask if EGR was B27F only, don't get mad when someone answers your question.

I included air injection because the two typically went hand in hand at the turn of the 80's. Mist cars with EGR also had smog pumps, as did Volvo on its B28F equipped vehicles.

Bill Robertson
    For reference refer to Stainless Steel Illusion page 50 "Re-Engineering For Renault" for an explanation of what DMC had to do to get the motor approved by the US EPA. I suppose there were many different configurations they could have chosen, we have what we have for because of a lot of compromises. Getting WAY of topic here, if we are supposed to be talking about oil!
    Another thing to add, because of the fuel injection when just about every other car was using a carburetor, the Delorean was a VERY clean running car in the early 80's. It didn't need EGR, PCV, air injection, and would have passed without the cat but it needed it because everyone else had to have one.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    it needed [catalytic converter] because everyone else had to have one.
    Except Honda Civic of course (carbureted, thank you very much). Civic didn't get catalytic converters until 1984.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Except Honda Civic of course (carbureted, thank you very much). Civic didn't get catalytic converters until 1984.

Bill Robertson
    Actually it depends on what State you are talking about. Most States required a catalytic converter by 1981 (even on Honda Civics).
    David Teitelbaum

CVCC engine met all 50 states' emissions without a catalytic converter. Straight 1200 did not. If you read period Civic advertisements they clearly state that only CVCC is available in California:

Bill Robertson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2