Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
To be sure- Most schematics show a W/Y wire (feed) and a Y wire (condenser). Others show a W (feed) and a Y (condenser) wire, which I have seen on a couple of cars.
Assuming you meant the "W/Y and Y wire", it is acting exactly as it should so far...

It sounds like you were triggering it from the wrong side again- Instead of "+ connected (w/y and w wire) while grounding - side...", it should be, the ground connected while connecting-disconnecting (w/y wire) + side.

Remember, when you connect a coil's (+) and (-), it charges up. When you disconnect it, by removing the (+) OR (-), is when it fires, to the nearest ground it can reach. Normally this "triggering" is done on the (-) side. It will fire ONCE only, each time the circuit is broke (normally triggered via the ICU).

If I follow you correctly- When you removed the ground from the (-) side, breaking the feed circuit, you removed the only ground that the spark could reach! (Now, if you had a wire in the main terminal close enough to another ground source (block, cap, etc) instead, it should have sparked to it. But that is not the test...)

Follow the test in the last post closely. Ground the (-) side (not with the W/S wire) THEN connect the W/Y wire to (+) side THEN disconnect (or switch off) the W/Y wire looking for spark from the main terminal to (-) or ground .
[IF everything is correct, this is the similar to removing the spade connector feeding the resistors and why it gave the big blue spark from the main terminal, as it should...but also not the test.]

I agree with Dave about the hot resistors and sparks in the vid. But you would have the cart before the horse using using the W/S wire at this point...

PM sent
Hehe!

Okay! I guess it works fine then, but will do as you say after work today and test with a switch on + side with - grounded.
Electrical is not my strong side. I am an autobody guy.......