FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BUYER/SELLER BEWARE: Username "Mattglas"

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

BUYER/SELLER BEWARE: Username "Mattglas"

He (Mattglas) put up a wanted ad asking for pedals in November. I offered my pedals which he originally turned down but reconsidered a day or so later. The thread is here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...nual-Pedal-Box

I sent them out early December for $300 + his automatic pedals in exchange. I paid for shipping. I had not heard from him so I sent a PM a month ago. He replied he had still not done the installation yet but he was planning on it soon.

Yesterday I received a PM from him asking me to phone a number, with no other explanation. I did and no one picked up.

This morning I got a call from a gentleman identifying himself as Matt's father, telling me it is his car and he does not want to swap. I was accused of taking advantage of him and spamming him through phone and texts. I had sent a follow up PM only. He said he will be keeping the pedals if i do not send back $300 PLUS the return shipping which is very expensive as it is from the US to Canada. I would end up losing money on the deal.
    I tried to reason with him but he was very upset, kept saying I was taking advantage of his son.

I just phoned back around noon and told Matt's father I would offered him his money back ($300) if he shipped me back the pedals. he said He will only send them back if i give the money back PLUS pay for the return shipping. I tried to explain my side of the story and he promptly hung up on me.

I would discourage doing any exchange with either Matt or his father. I am now left with a car with no pedals at this moment.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Tell him to pound sand. He sounds like he needs what you have a lot more than you need what he has.

This is the result of dealing with white trash.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Tell him to pound sand. He sounds like he needs what you have a lot more than you need what he has.

This is the result of dealing with white trash.
    I don't think that's the case. If I'm reading this correctly, Josh currently has no pedals in his car because this guy agreed to send his automatic set back to Josh as part of the deal. Now "Mattglas" is sitting on both the automatic and the 5-speed set of pedals, and Josh has none. Josh looses the value of the automatic pedal box, and can't drive his car since it has no pedals. "Mattglas" on the other hand is sitting on everything he needs and more at Josh's expense.

This is about as classless as you can get. Do the right thing Mattglas; this community is small and people don't forget.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 02-19-2018 at 03:44 PM.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Interesting to me that Mattglas posts that he bought a car, refers to it as his car and now suddenly it's his father's? While it might be a different situation, I once had an issue where I sold and shipped an intake manifold to someone I trusted to pay later but never did (I know, shame on me). I contacted the person who still hadn't paid, who then promised they'd ship it back but never ended up doing so. I used their shipping address to contact the local police department just to see what options, if any, that I had. They made a visit and suddenly this was resolved. This was early 2000s and these days they might laugh, but it might be worth a shot. Sucks that you have to deal with this, I hope Mattglas makes it right.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

This is a great way for mattglas to be banned. I'm hoping he chimes in here and makes this right before he is done....
    Soundkillr was here.

Agreed.

Gotta give it to Josh for offering a refund...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

What's the vin to this asswipes car?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    This is a great way for mattglas to be banned. I'm hoping he chimes in here and makes this right before he is done....
    I'll default to siding with Josh just because I know him personally and I don't know mattglas... BUT... if all things are fair, we haven't heard what mattglas' side of the story is and I think he should be able to tell it. Before passing judgement anyway. Not saying anything Josh said isn't likely accurate, but for all we know here, it could be the father that's made the mess and mattglas is unknowingly caught in the middle.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I'll default to siding with Josh just because I know him personally and I don't know mattglas... BUT... if all things are fair, we haven't heard what mattglas' side of the story is and I think he should be able to tell it. Before passing judgement anyway. Not saying anything Josh said isn't likely accurate, but for all we know here, it could be the father that's made the mess and mattglas is unknowingly caught in the middle.
    There's a situation on another forum where a member's mom was listed on the title as co-owner and now the mom is trying to sell the car out from under her so it's not outside the realm of possibility. Either way, hope Josh gets what he's owed.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Yeah I agree, and that's why the thread is open and he hasn't been banned yet. Hope he chimes in and works to make this right. We try hard to keep the forums safe and friendly.
    Soundkillr was here.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast