He (Mattglas) put up a wanted ad asking for pedals in November. I offered my pedals which he originally turned down but reconsidered a day or so later. The thread is here:
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...nual-Pedal-Box

I sent them out early December for $300 + his automatic pedals in exchange. I paid for shipping. I had not heard from him so I sent a PM a month ago. He replied he had still not done the installation yet but he was planning on it soon.

Yesterday I received a PM from him asking me to phone a number, with no other explanation. I did and no one picked up.

This morning I got a call from a gentleman identifying himself as Matt's father, telling me it is his car and he does not want to swap. I was accused of taking advantage of him and spamming him through phone and texts. I had sent a follow up PM only. He said he will be keeping the pedals if i do not send back $300 PLUS the return shipping which is very expensive as it is from the US to Canada. I would end up losing money on the deal.
I tried to reason with him but he was very upset, kept saying I was taking advantage of his son.

I just phoned back around noon and told Matt's father I would offered him his money back ($300) if he shipped me back the pedals. he said He will only send them back if i give the money back PLUS pay for the return shipping. I tried to explain my side of the story and he promptly hung up on me.

I would discourage doing any exchange with either Matt or his father. I am now left with a car with no pedals at this moment.