FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Driven (DeLorean Movie) *Merged*

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

That screen shot is terrible.....
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    16409

The Johnny Carson scene was hilarious. Also do you think the guy “Roy” in the movie was supposed to be Roy Nesseth? I rather enjoyed the recreation of the hotel footage. Also on all the real news footage, they superimposed Lee Pace over the real DeLorean. But I think the scene where DeLorean is shown getting into the police car is stock footage.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    The Johnny Carson scene was hilarious. Also do you think the guy “Roy” in the movie was supposed to be Roy Nesseth? I rather enjoyed the recreation of the hotel footage. Also on all the real news footage, they superimposed Lee Pace over the real DeLorean. But I think the scene where DeLorean is shown getting into the police car is stock footage.
    I would think so, but the other actor who introduces JZD at the house party actually looked more like him in real life and was the right age range.

My VIN:    01279

driven movie

the delorean that was used in the movie "driven"
    I restored that delorean 9 years ago in Puerto Rico.
    It was quite difficult because it was badly damaged by seawater
    since it was in the open air located very close to the coast of Puerto Rico.
    You can see the photos of the delorean in the photo album:
    junkyard delorean back to live
    in dmctalk
    The current owner of that delorean is the president of Puerto Rico Delorean
    luis angueira

My VIN:    1710

**SPOILERS INCLUDED**

I broke down & watched the movie last weekend, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by it. The trailer leads you to believe they essentially flushed all facts about the DeLorean story down the toilet... but that really isn't the case. There were lots of nuggets sprinkled throughout the movie that I honestly didn't expect- the whole Marian Gibson debacle (though they called her Molly Gibson in the movie), Roy Nesseth was accurately portrayed as John's henchman, Johnny Carson receiving 2 lemon DMC-12s, the scene where they talk about only 3,000 of the 8,000 cars produced during '81 actually being sold, the plot to take down Morgan Hetrick & JZD with 1 stone, the FBI fabricating the "shady banker" once they realized JZD was broke, etc. I didn't realize the part about Cristina & Morgan Hetrick knowing each other prior to her marrying JZD was also true... but apparently that was in Stephen Arrington's book. I still need to order that one.

The things that annoyed me were relatively minor- they showed JZD as smoking & drinking... we know he did neither. The insinuation that JZD had an affair with Marian Gibson that went sour, and that's why she went to the press about misappropriation at DMC. Initially it really irked me that they portrayed JZD as the instigator of the whole drug deal vs James Hoffman... but in the end, none of us really knows exactly how all that went down. The whole JZD & James Hoffman as best buds was silly... but I get now why the filmmakers chose to do that. It was simply a necessary plot vehicle for the type of movie they wanted to make. And that story was told from James Hoffman's eyes... NOT JZD's.

All things considered, Hollywood could have done a lot worse considering the genre of movie they went for. They did a great job of capturing how accomplished & glamorous JZD was... but also how his hubris ultimately was his downfall. And yes, that final scene was perfect!
    Louie Golden

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    **SPOILERS INCLUDED**

I broke down & watched the movie last weekend, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by it. The trailer leads you to believe they essentially flushed all facts about the DeLorean story down the toilet... but that really isn't the case. There were lots of nuggets sprinkled throughout the movie that I honestly didn't expect- the whole Marian Gibson debacle (though they called her Molly Gibson in the movie), Roy Nesseth was accurately portrayed as John's henchman, Johnny Carson receiving 2 lemon DMC-12s, the scene where they talk about only 3,000 of the 8,000 cars produced during '81 actually being sold, the plot to take down Morgan Hetrick & JZD with 1 stone, the FBI fabricating the "shady banker" once they realized JZD was broke, etc. I didn't realize the part about Cristina & Morgan Hetrick knowing each other prior to her marrying JZD was also true... but apparently that was in Stephen Arrington's book. I still need to order that one.

The things that annoyed me were relatively minor- they showed JZD as smoking & drinking... we know he did neither. The insinuation that JZD had an affair with Marian Gibson that went sour, and that's why she went to the press about misappropriation at DMC. Initially it really irked me that they portrayed JZD as the instigator of the whole drug deal vs James Hoffman... but in the end, none of us really knows exactly how all that went down. The whole JZD & James Hoffman as best buds was silly... but I get now why the filmmakers chose to do that. It was simply a necessary plot vehicle for the type of movie they wanted to make. And that story was told from James Hoffman's eyes... NOT JZD's.

All things considered, Hollywood could have done a lot worse considering the genre of movie they went for. They did a great job of capturing how accomplished & glamorous JZD was... but also how his hubris ultimately was his downfall. And yes, that final scene was perfect!
    I agree so much with this. As bias as we are, we get bent out of shape over facts being distorted and we can't help that. However the main narrative (I believe) was solid. I really don't understand why some people have a big problem with the movie. At the end of the day, I felt the story as a whole was true. I would not hesitate in recommending this movie to anyone who has even a passing interest in the DeLorean story with the caveat they know some liberties have been taken (perhaps the most glaring is the final scene where it is revealed JZD bought off Hoffman for his lacking testimony). As Louie said, it could have been so very much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I agree so much with this. As bias as we are, we get bent out of shape over facts being distorted and we can't help that. However the main narrative (I believe) was solid. I really don't understand why some people have a big problem with the movie. At the end of the day, I felt the story as a whole was true. I would not hesitate in recommending this movie to anyone who has even a passing interest in the DeLorean story with the caveat they know some liberties have been taken (perhaps the most glaring is the final scene where it is revealed JZD bought off Hoffman for his lacking testimony). As Louie said, it could have been so very much worse.
    I totally agree. Some of the guys on the FaceBook groups were going ballistic. Like somehow THIS was the first movie based on real events that Hollywood ever got wrong. I enjoyed it very much and was happy to see our car on the screen, even if it is less than flattering.

My VIN:    4519

+1 on the last three posts.

I just finished watching it; it appeared to me as having no more BS than every other "Hollywood movie."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6