FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best door struts...

My VIN:    15275

thanks guys..

I ordered a set of Gradys ones!

Grady's do fail. 1 year in on 20069 1 stopped working. Put them on Jack Singers car and 3 months in 1 failure.

So not so sure they are the best for reliability however when working they do perform as intended.

Steve

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

[QUOTE=steve;231517]Grady's do fail. 1 year in on 20069 1 stopped working. Put them on Jack Singers car and 3 months in 1 failure.

So not so sure they are the best for reliability however when working they do perform as intended.
    Steve

That's interesting as our failure rate, especially in the last 4 years, has been extremely low. You've had two? Did you contact us for replacements? I'm sorry I don't know who you are? Your last name would be very helpfull.
    Rob Grady

My VIN:    5625

Every strut fails eventually.

I've had stabilus struts and they have been ok. But I had a stubborn drivers door that never really raised the last 2 inches on its own. I actually went as far as purchasing parts to fix the strut mounts but never go around to doing it. Why, you may ask......???

I bought Grady's door struts and the door started working perfectly! Both my doors open strong and dampen at the end of the opening cycle as advertised. I am +1 for Grady struts.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Rob, Steve from Virginia should be enough. Your records should show many $$$$$ spent on your goods. As for Jack I think Jack did send his back but I could be wrong..
    I can send back the offending door strut for testing but the hassle simply is not worth the time. It was the passenger strut that failed and is the door seldom used. Have
    replaced with other.

Thank You
    Steve from Virginia

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Rob, Steve from Virginia should be enough. Your records should show many $$$$$ spent on your goods. As for Jack I think Jack did send his back but I could be wrong..
    I can send back the offending door strut for testing but the hassle simply is not worth the time. It was the passenger strut that failed and is the door seldom used. Have
    replaced with other.

Thank You
    Steve from Virginia
    Not knowing what "failure" means to you it's hard to make an informed reply. While we can't guarantee our door pistons will open perfectly under all conditions and temperatures we certainly can warranty one that has failed if we are so informed. We can't do anything however if a customer makes no attempt to contact us about a concern. IIRC you are in the car business to some degree and I'm sure you would want your customers to advise you of any issues to see if you could keep them satisfied in the end. Had you contacted us I would have gladly sent you a free replacement.
    Rob Grady

My VIN:    7176

Club(s):   (DCH)

I can vouch for the DeLorean Go struts. My old struts finally gave up (lasted 8 years) and I've got a new set of the DG stainless ones on now. Action is super smooth, no sudden twang at the top of the arc like I used to get with my old ones before they lost the ability to even get the doors up there. I know how much development work went into getting these struts to work just right, and it's definitely paid off. Thumbs up to DeLorean Go
    | DCUK 027 | VIN 7176 | London, UK |

My VIN:    Between VINs

My PJ Grady lift pistons are supposed to be delivered today.

Remind me again, which direction should they be installed? Black housing portion down or up? I know it's a bit of a debate but I'll go with the PJG recommendation to give their hardware the best chance to perform under their conditions.

My VIN:    16409

The rod end attaches to the body stud.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Someone asked about performance of the DeLorean Go struts in winter temps. I grabbed a quick video while at a local car meet last weekend.

For reference, here is the link to the video I posted previously showing summer performance - outside temp 77 degrees F / 25 degrees C (this is summer temp for the UK )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr_uPDWHPlY

And winter performance - outside temp 48 degrees F / 9 degrees C

I didn't video the louvre or hood struts, but they also work flawlessly.
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast