FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Best door struts...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    15275

Best door struts...

I need a new set and was wondering if anyone had bought the ones from Delorean go?? I much rather have the ones that soft lift near the end.. also what about the ones dpi sells??

My VIN:    3028

I installed the ones from Hervey 5 years ago. They opened up smoothly during those years but now I see they are starting to fail. Maybe that is a realistic lifespan I don’t know.
    Barry

Not a self styled 'Guru'

I have the DeLorean Go struts and would recommend them, they have a nice braking action towards the end of the travel. Here is a video taken shortly after installing them in June 2017, outside temperature was around 77 degrees F.

For reference, I have used the following on my car over the years;
    DMCH struts (doors/louvres/hood) - came with the car but were already 5 years old at that point (car purchased Oct 2010)
    John Hervey/Special T Auto 'Soft Lift' struts - circa Jan 2011 (these were not failing when replaced in 2013, but I didn't like the way one had developed a habit of moving in a fore/aft movement!)
    DMCEU struts - circa May 2013 - these however never lifted my doors to full extension
    DeLoreanGo struts - fitted June 2017 - I made a follow up purchase several months later and bought a set of DeLoreanGo louvre and hood struts so am now running a full set.

They are holding up well so far, even with winter temps of 35 degrees F.
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I've used Rob Grady's door struts for I believe over a decade. Grady's latest door struts that I received open the door with good force up until it is near the end where it then dampens the opening efforts to a nice calm stop at the end of travel. It doesn't take forever for the door to come up and it also doesn't end in a severe stop where the whole car shakes.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    15275

thanks guys..

how long did it take to get the ones from delorean go//?? and also does anyone have a link to the ones on robs site?? thanks again!

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    ...... does anyone have a link to the ones on robs site?? thanks again!
    Try this:
    https://pjgrady.com/product/lift-piston-set/
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

DeLorean Club UK DeLoreanGo Arran's Avatar

My VIN:    1764

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    how long did it take to get the ones from delorean go//?? and also does anyone have a link to the ones on robs site?? thanks again!
    Depends on the shipping option selected, but typically it is 2 days to anywhere in the US (lighter low value orders about 1 week if that is the shipping option you select) - the site will give you various options depending on the value and weight of the order.

Also available in stainless : https://www.deloreango.com/us/stainl...gas-strut.html