FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Dmc cams in B28E?

Dmc cams in B28E?

Ok, I need some advice...

Engine 1
    The original engine in my car has 13.000miles but sat for a long time. It had water in the cylinders and intake ports, it turned out. Rust in 3 cylinders, rusty valve seats and stems. I figured I’d run it for a season and see what happened. Well, it wouldn’t run properly, and I recently discovered it had a bent intake valve on #3. Cams have no visible wear, and there’s no oil sludge in the valve covers.

Engine 2
    B28E, my recent purchase. Unknown mileage. Sat in dry storage for many years. Valve stems and seats look clean, so hopefully the cylinders are ok. But the valve covers were full of oil sludge, and the cams are unfortunately crazy worn. And who knows what else the apparently poor oil quality and maintenance led to.

My initial plan was to go all in on the recent B28E purchase, get all the correct Volvo parts, and go all in on a full euro spec B28E. However the worn valve train has me got doubtful.

I could swap the good dmc cams into the B28E, but then it would be a compromise, and I wonder if it’s worth it spending money on refreshing the Volvo fueling and ignition bits, when I don’t have the correct cams.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Ouch, that's some very bad wear there. I would recommend getting the correct cams and sticking with all as B28E, either that or make one good unit out of your two engines but use your pistons etc out of your DeLorean engine. Really you want to be one or the other.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/