FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: How does the AC adaptor block mount?

My VIN:    767 (3.0L EFI/EDIS)

How does the AC adaptor block mount?

I’m converting an 81 to the 82/83 AC system (and R134a), with new hoses and from the old style accumulator to the new one. I can’t figure out how the adaptor block (part 110527) is installed.

Does anyone have a picture of this? Also, can someone confirm how the passenger side AC line runs to the accumulator? It’s not clear to me if it still runs along the outside of the frame or has to run in another fashion.

Thanks!

— Joe

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Which Block adapter do you have ? DPI or DMCH ?

The HP hose just runs diagonally across the top of the Crumple extension. About as direct path as you can run it. Secure with a few ty-wraps where convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 02-24-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

DMCH. I just made the logical leap that it’s called a “condenser adaptor” because you install it at the condenser, not near then accumulator. I think I can figure it out from there.

I currently have the hose on the passenger side running from the compressor along the outside of the frame, like it was for the old-style accumulator, although of course I now have a lot of slackwith the new hose and have to turn it around to point back at the fitting on the side of the accumulator. So I’m not sure if this is actually where it’s supposed to run.

Who’s hoses do you have?

If you have Terminated hose assemblies, the slack can taken up in the area above the Transmission with some creative use of ty-wraps to hold it up and away from exhaust parts.

Just run the hose up from under The accumulator to the attach fitting. Pull the slack back to the area over the transmission where it does a kind of S-bend routing path.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 02-24-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Sorry, I kee forgetting about all the variations. I have stock-style hoses built for R134a.

For some reason I remembered seeing something about the hose having to be run over the frame, but I don’t actually know what that means.

Thanks.

— Joe

Okay, so the Long -10 Accumulator to Compressor hose runs from accumulator down under it along the bottom of the frame lip, under the Trailing arm attach point. It continues up angled part of the frame and passes through the frame with the heater hose lines. From there it crosses above the transmission. This is where you creatively use ty-wraps to hang it from the underbody heat shield area and away from the exhaust crossover if you have one. Then it just runs out and up from the fuel filter area to the compressor.

DENNIS

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi there,

If it helps, there are pictures of the block and the hose routing in this thread :
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...C-System/page5
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Thank's for the photos; looks like I've got it all figured out. For some reason I thought "looping the hose over the frame" had to do with how it ran in front of the accumulator, but that wound up being easy to set up with the advice to loop the extra hose above the transmission. Everything is installed and vacuum was pulled last night, so this morning I'll get see how it holds and get the system filled and tested.

Thanks!

-- Joe