FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parking Brake Cable Route

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Parking Brake Cable Route

Can someone post a photo of how the parking brake cable is supposed to route from the driver side caliper? It seems the cable wants to be routed where the end of the aluminum debris shield is and is fighting with the shield every time I drive, so much that it has cut its own groove down the end of the shield. Every speed bump or slight dip I hit makes a banging noise that is eased every time I move the cable from the end of the shield but the cable keeps moving back and the noise keeps coming back. I have DPI stainless parking brake mounting brackets, I doubt that makes a difference though. I also might as well preemptively say it - I'm going to keep the debris shields installed.

Thanks guys.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Ill be that guy, remove the debris shields. They get in the day and I have found they collect debris rather than deflect it. the last pair i took off I got a face-full of rocks and sand.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10270

I'll be the other guy - you will pick up additional road/wind noise with them removed. I could tell immediately when driving to an alignment with them removed.

Probably not a concern for LS car owners
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    <2000

Hi Dan, does this pic help?

As far as the deflectors go, I think they also draft air upwards in the engine compartment like the wing of a plane for cooling purposes. This is just my guess based on observation, so if someone has contrary information feel free to correct me.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Dan, does this pic help?

As far as the deflectors go, I think they also draft air upwards in the engine compartment like the wing of a plane for cooling purposes. This is just my guess based on observation, so if someone has contrary information feel free to correct me.
    Your chassis is looking pretty good but please don't take it personally.
    Rob

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Your chassis is looking pretty good but please don't take it personally.
    Rob
    Pretty good?? Dana's car looks cleaner than Grandma's couch does after being covered in plastic for 30 years! lol

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Thanks !
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

LOL! I know, there have been lots of debates about these deflectors and I still keep them on. If I can't get rid of this noise, then I'll rethink removing them. This is loud enough inside the car, it's also audible to those around- so when there are people walking down the street, I get the "What a POS" look.

Anyway, thank you Dana for the picture. It helps me in the sense that I now know the cable doesn't run down on the underside of the shield/deflectors but I am still needing a photo of the cable itself to see what the hell is going wrong with mine - perhaps whenever someone has their wheel of for whatever reason, that would be a perfect shot. I will try to get a photo of how mine is and maybe someone can tell me, but that won't be until tomorrow or possibly even Sunday.
    -----Dan B.

Oh, sorry I missed that you wanted a pic of the caliper/wheel well perspective. How about this:

Dana

Thanks Dana, that’s perfect. Mine is routed totally wrong. Looks like I will be needing a replacement, luckily I have two extra ones on hand!

IMG_4278.JPG
    IMG_4280.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast