FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: UC Davis Picnic Day 2018 - Let's do this!

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

UC Davis Picnic Day 2018 - Let's do this!

Hey guys -

It’s that time again - time for me to start harassing you all about joining us in what I think is one of our most fun events of the year.

This year, Picnic Day will be on April 21, 2018 - in Davis, as always. I’ve filled out the forms, paid the fees, dotted the I’s and crossed the T’s. Now it’s just time for you to sign up and join in the fun!

Most of you have already driven in the parade with us at one point or another, but for those who haven’t - this is a great event, with a ton of energy and a TON of people. Yes, you have to get up pretty early to be there and yes, we do a lot of hanging around waiting for things to start. But we always have a great time doing it - and the parade itself is a great experience. We are one of the all-time highlights of the event, and given that it’s entirely student-run I’m starting to get parade directors telling me that they have literally grown up watching us cruise through the streets of Davis and that it inspired them to participate in the parade planning. Putting aside how old that makes me feel, it’s pretty damn awesome.

The drive itself is a low-key, low-speed cruise through the UCD campus and downtown Davis itself. Streets are closed, we’ll basically just idle along with the doors up and music blasting and harvest the joy we create. Last year we ended the trip at a local brewery which ended up being pretty awesome as well. I’ll plan the afterparty as we get closer to the actual date.

Who’s in? As always, my ultimate goal is to get us to 10 cars. I’ve organized this event for 8 years now and we’ve never quite made it. Will this be the year?

Let me know ASAP because we have some paperwork to fill out!

I’ll cross-post this as always to the NCDMC list and DMCTalk, but if you know any other owners I’ve missed who might like to join in, pass this along and let me know!

Jon
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Im in