FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rear carrier Hub / upper - lower link Questions

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    A small hydraulic press is a lot cheaper than you think and you'll be amazed at all the other uses you'll find for it once you have it. The 12 ton version I have was around 100 bucks at harbor freight when I got it 10 years ago. Looks like they are going for around 130 now but you can usually find a 20% off coupon online. The 20 ton version would have been nice but so far the 12 hasn't let me down on any of the car related projects I've worked on.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ydraulics.html
    I got a cheap 20 ton press at the farmers market (tool store) for about $150 and it has done well for many uses.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

If you do end up getting a press, it is good to save some of the bearing races you press out. Throw away the ball bearing parts. They come in quite handy when pressing out/in other parts in the future.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    5625

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up taking them to a shop to get pressed in due to not having a press. Everything turned out well. Though I do wonder if when putting things back together if I need to pack grease between the outer bearing and the back Side of the rear hub? The bearings were new sealed ones that I assumed were already greased. Just not sure if I needed to add any more. Spinning the driveshaft on the hub seems to produce just a little rub noise. Im not sure if thats normal or not. Is there a break in time for these things?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2