FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hissem time machine is now carbureted

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Bob635 View Post
    Really nice work on the manifold and carb set up. And yes the increase in performance is real. Your manifold works great with the dual overhead cams.

Would like to see more of these conversions. So many D owners have FI systems that have constant problems. Can't beat the simplicity of a carb.
    The DeLorean's PRV is a single overhead cam, not dual. One cam per head = single overhead.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    The DeLorean's PRV is a single overhead cam, not dual. One cam per head = single overhead.
    Clearly he added two more cams; that's why the increase in performance is real.

My VIN:    5754

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Very interesting. What kind of electrical pump is it and what is the part number? Deloreans are great cars to simplify.
    The electric fuel pump I used was from O'Reilly & the part number is E16010. It is a basic universal fuel pump. It is mounted outside the boot with a 90 degree gradual bend pipe that will allow the gas to flow smoothly with no kinks. I also decided to use the ventilation gas pipe as the main fuel line. Then I used the stock return line as the ventilation line. That way it would be a simple hassle free conversion without messing with the fuel accumulator.

My VIN:    5754

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Clearly he added two more cams; that's why the increase in performance is real.
    I did not make any changes to the engine and cams. I just made the air intake manifold and tuned the carb to run and idle properly with great results. The design of the air intake may be very efficient with the Holley carb overall. I am happy that it all works after taking the whole engine apart and testing it with the carb with the very first try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2