FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: American Crime Story: The United States vs. John DeLorean

American Crime Story: The United States vs. John DeLorean

Having watched Season 1 of FX's American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson and currently Season 2: The Assassination of Gianni Versace, I can't help but think the events leading to DeLorean's arrest and the "Drug Trial of the Century" that followed would make a compelling TV mini series modeled after the above, or even a future season (seasons 3 and 4 are already determined). Has anyone talked about this before? With Driven and the new DeLorean Documentary coming out this year, it might be time to pitch the idea. While a two hour film and documentary are good, the 10 episode series format allows for a much more developed story. I know someone on here has to have contacts in the film industry who might be able to get this idea out there.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Why the entire DeLorean story never made it to the big screen with the likes of "Tucker" is beyond me.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Trust me, there have been plenty of people trying to make this in the past, and there are plenty of folks still trying to do so today. The producers of the show you reference have been pitched this several times, and are not interested. In short, John's story is a tough one to crack creatively, even with the obvious built in story arcs that come from his stranger than fiction true life story. Factor in Movie and TV execs constantly changing "mandates" and it becomes a miracle anytime a project gets green lit.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    Trust me, there have been plenty of people trying to make this in the past, and there are plenty of folks still trying to do so today. The producers of the show you reference have been pitched this several times, and are not interested. In short, John's story is a tough one to crack creatively, even with the obvious built in story arcs that come from his stranger than fiction true life story. Factor in Movie and TV execs constantly changing "mandates" and it becomes a miracle anytime a project gets green lit.
    One of the reasons I love Netflix is their documentary offerings. They have some very interesting and unique ones that would never see the light of day on a commercial or cable TV network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Thanks for the replies. Tamir, I figured if anyone knew you did. By the way, what is the release date of the DeLorean Documentary?

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

No release date yet. Will definitely fill everyone in when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Tamir, I figured if anyone knew you did. By the way, what is the release date of the DeLorean Documentary?
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    No release date yet. Will definitely fill everyone in when I can.
    I hope a teaser will come very soon.

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

I'm writing an article for an upcoming issue of DeLorean World, which chronicles every single DeLorean movie and TV project that's been in development that's goes as far back as 1980, and as to why it hasn't happened yet.

Don't forget though, we get our first "DeLorean" FBI sting operation movie later this year, Driven. Although it looks pretty negative towards JZD.
    Living the Dream since 1993 | Board Member of the DeLorean Owners Association | Co-author of Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
    Like and Follow Facebook.com/DeLoreanOwnersAssociation | Twitter @DeLoreanOwners | DOA YouTube Channel