FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Eurofest logistics

My VIN:    10907

Eurofest logistics

So it just hit me that there's another Eurofest (hopefully) in three years, and maybe it's not too early to start planning.

Did any of your take your car over there for the last one? In the previous thread someone mentioned that it was $1500 to ship each way and took 6 weeks. Does anybody have a recommended (or not-recommended) shipper? Did you have to transport the car to the east coast separately or did the shipper include getting it from your house to the boat? Was there any paperwork you had to do to be able to drive it in the UK? Did it have to sit for a while in customs? How far in advance did you have to book transport?

I want to try and go if I can get the time off work. (Maybe mental health leave if necessary, LOL.) I've heard some rumors that the current owner of the old factory wants to demolish the test track so this might be our last chance to go home again...

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

That sounds like a fun idea. Go for it!

We attended Eurofest 2017 but the D stayed in Calif. so sorry to say I can only tell you what to expect if you leave yours home.

Nobody from NorthAm took a car with them that I know of. But lots of D's have been shipped to the UK and probably a few direct to Ireland from here so you should get some input from forum members who've learned from that. Anybody?

Back to Eurofest: It's a blast to see the cars on the old track. Even if you don't bring your own stainless you might be lucky and be able to ride shotgun in a fellow owner's D for a few laps like I did (thanks again, Klaus!). It's really a thrill.

There were over 90 D's there and it was mighty impressive. The organizers provided a luxo-bus to transport attendees without DeLoreans to each of the event venues, including the test track. The bus caravans along with the DeLoreans so there are good photo ops of all the Ds en route. And no need for us Yanks to deal with driving on the left side of the Irish roads...

We'd like to go back. Hope to see you there in '21.
    Last edited by Rich; 03-08-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    16355

Looks Like Fun

2021 is an on year for my wife and I to visit her parents in the Lake District of the UK. We usually visit around this time so a detour across the Irish Sea might be an idea. A bit far to take 4273 from New Zealand all the way to Belfast.

My VIN:    REDACTED

I am currently working with logistics with CFR Rinkens regarding transport of US based vehicles to the UK. I do have initial quotes, but am trying to get a feel on interested folks. I’ll gladly take on the challenge of trying to arrange for safe, efficient transport of our cars. Please pass the word, and if anyone is interested in this, shoot me an email at [email protected].
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente
    Indiana DeLorean Motor Club

VIN 3513 (I think), 1.9L VW TDI (ALH) swap, UN1 trans, mechanical injection, Holset HE200WG turbo, Certified Shitbox
    Find me on Tubi! Rally North America

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

There are a few import companies that UK owners use for importing vehicles such as Trans Global Logistics being one who also specialize in bringing in vehicles for military personnel such as those at Mildenhall and Lakenheath. I'm sure they would be able to help with shipping quotes both ways. Another is Hill shipping, I believe most of these have offices in the US and UK.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    16355

Quote Originally Posted by kbrown84 View Post
    I am currently working with logistics with CFR Rinkens regarding transport of US based vehicles to the UK. I do have initial quotes, but am trying to get a feel on interested folks. I’ll gladly take on the challenge of trying to arrange for safe, efficient transport of our cars. Please pass the word, and if anyone is interested in this, shoot me an email at [email protected].
    I can highly recommend Sharon Graffia from CFR Rinkens, LA office. She is amazing. She arranged for 4273's safe passage to New Zealand and will be arranging the same for 16355 in a month or two. They have a very good racking system and do not use wooden crates.