FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: De-ice covers

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I would take a compressor cover

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Although I live in an area where ice is rare, I too would be interested in a pair of these covers, if for nothing else but aesthetics (if the price were right).

Your Y-pipe/intake/heads are painted? Interesting!

The covers are more than for ice only. I don't plan on driving my car in the winter (that's what winter beaters are for) but occasional rain might happen. As I've said in the first post, that has caused some rust on the A/C clutch and that is why I decided to make that cover. I don't like rust

The entire engine is painted. Every part of it including the exhaust manifolds, cross-over pipe and the catalytic converter. Only the muffler and the oil pan are not painted. The block is silver while valve covers, intake manifold and water pump are hmm... orangy kinda color... Let me just say that the guy at the paint shop must have been color blind. I asked for clean copper color and this is what I got. Didn't make sense to strip it so he just gave me a very good price.
    The exhaust manifolds are black. Cross-over pipe and catalytic converter are also wrapped to keep the heat inside.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for all the kind words. I appreciate it! The covers were hand made in my spare time. If I was to actually make them for sale I would have to think about streamlining the process and maybe outsource some of the work. So, here's a question to all you interested: What would be a good price? I'll see what I can do.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I would pay 80 USD for the set.
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    Early

I would pay up to $180 for a set.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I’m most interested in the compressor cover as well. $75 would be a good price.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

I'll see what I can do to make it happen. I can't really do it by hand like I did it this time but thankfully I know somebody that can do it for me.
    I will let you know once I have some details and prices.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

My VIN:    3294

I'd like to have a set too. If you made a "temporary" stainless steel cover to go over the ignition resistor that could be used when displaying the car with the engine cover up at car shows I'd be all over that too.

Keep us apprised if you decide to make these available.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    10907

If you're mass-producing them, be careful about using the DMC logo, because Houston's been C&Ding people for using the ones they own the trademark on, even if it's not for profit. There might be some variants that are public domain, though.

(I've already got the standard throttle guard but I wouldn't mind picking up one of the compressor covers if they become available.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2